15

Jack was sitting on my couch with his head in his hands. When the door shut, he stood up and looked at me.

"Can we take a walk?" he asked.

I nodded my head. We walked up to the rooftop of my building in silence.

"Annie, look" he said grabbing my face so I was looking at him. "I need to apologize for everything that happened in Vegas. I am not the kind of guy that you saw in Vegas. I don't hook up with girls just to hook up with them. I don't just spend my money on girls for the hell of it. And I'm very cautious of what people say about me. You mean more to me than you probably think after what happened. I shouldn't have gotten so mad at you for standing up for yourself, and I shouldn't have left without explaining myself to you. I fucked up, and I couldn't go home without you knowing that."

I didn't know what to say. He just threw all of this at me and I wasn't sure how to respond. I had no words to express how I felt, so I just kissed him. Why is this my go to response. Am I the one sending mixed signals.

"I really like you Annie, and I want to get to know you more. Not your body...but you as a person. But I want you to know I am not looking for a relationship right now. I just got out of a 3 year relationship and I want to work on myself before I give myself to another girl."

Did he think I wanted to be his girlfriend after Vegas? Cause I certainly didn't. I can't see myself in a relationship right now, especially with someone who is so back and forth. Sure his apology was great and I forgive him, but I wasn't going to forget what happened.

"I get it. I'm not looking for a relationship right now either. I had fun with you though, and I want to keep having fun with you." I wasn't thinking of a friends with benefits thing at all. I mean sure, that's cool and all and I'm down, but I wanted to keep hanging out with him. He made me feel some type of way and I genuinely had fun when we hung out. "But we can't hang out in public, so I don't know how we could hang out."

"Why can't we hangout in public?" he asked.

"People will take pictures. You have a following, and paparazzi actually do follow you around you know." I responded.

"We're friends. I'm allowed to have friends."

"I don't know Jack." I said.

"How about when I'm in town, and we can hangout. Maybe you can fly to LA and hangout with me. We can make it work." He said trying to assure me we could hangout and be friends.

"Yeah sounds practical" I said sarcastically.

"I have a show in LA tomorrow. Please come." He said.

"I don't think my parents would groove on that..." I said.

"I'll go ask" He said starting to walk down the stairs to our apartment.

"Jack. No!" I said running after him.

He ran quicker than me, and beat me into the apartment.

"Mr. and Mrs. Tabler...I have a couple of shows in Los Angeles and I really need Annie at them. I for some reason can only hit the high note when she is there." That was such a lie.

"You're asking us to send our daughter across the country with a boy we don't know to be a groupie for his band?" My dad replied.

"No. It's not like...yes, that's exactly what I'm asking!" Jack said back to my dad.

"How long and where will she be staying?" My mom asked before my dad could say anything else.

"3 shows. 5 days. Our guest house. My parents will also be there. It's the first 3 shows of the summer show tour."

"I guess if she wants to go, then we can't stop her..." my mom said nudging my dad. "Yeah, I guess you can go Annie." My dad chimed in.

"Are you guys sure? Like really sure?" I asked shocked that they actually said yes.

Jack and I went up to my room so I could unpack my bag, just to repack it again.

"I can't believe they said yes."

"I'm pretty convincing I guess. Must be the smile." He said flashing his million dollar smile.

"Oh is that it?" I said jumping on his back.

As I packed, Jack booked our flights. We were leaving at 8pm so I had to get moving. It took me a little longer because I kept getting distracted by Jacks veins popping out of his head as he was trying to book our flights.

"DAD, CAN YOU BRING US TO THE AIRPORT?" I yelled downstairs.

"Yeah, but we have to go now. I have to run to work quick." He yelled back.

Jack grabbed my bags and walked downstairs. We got in the car and made our way to the airport for the second time today.

@jackgilinsky: "LA here I come"

I saw Jack's tweet and thought nothing of it. That is until we got to the airport for a slew of paparazzi waiting at the curb.

"What's all this about?" my dad asked as the men starting taking pictures of the car.

"I'm sorry about that...they always seem to know where I am." Jack said.

"Ok, well you better get out. Don't want to miss your flight." My dad said, practically kicking us out of the car.

My dad got out and unloaded our bags from the car. I gave him a hug and a kiss before he got back in the car. Thank god my hair and makeup were semi done today for all these pictures. I walked into the airport with my head down, rolling my suitcase next to me.

We got inside and started to check in our bags. We gave them to the lady behind the check in desk, and started to walk to the security line. We saw a group of girls waiting steps from the elevator.

"I'm going to take some pictures, you can go through security if you want. Just text me where you're waiting after it." he said to me as we got closer to them.

"Are you sure? I just don't want to start any unnecessary drama." I said back.

"Yeah go ahead." he said stopping to take pictures.

"See ya slut," someone said softly as I walked by. Ouch...that one hit real hard. Just kidding...I kept walking onto the escalator on my way up to security.