30

I saw Jack and his family out of the corner of my eye. They were sitting down at a table across the restaurant. I quickly moved my head so I was looking in the complete opposite direction at my dad.

We were having a good conversation and eating our appetizers, when I saw Jack walking over to my table. I ignored him and kept engaging in conversation. I didn't want to talk to him, but I kind of did.

"Annie. Can we talk"

"Nope. I'm at dinner with my family right now."

"Annie. Please."

"Please leave."

My parents and grandparents were looking at me weird. They had no idea what had happened, so they looked confused. Joey did too. I mean I'm sure he's seen the pictures, but I didn't tell him about our conversation.

"No. Not until you talk to me."

"I don't want to talk to you. Go away." Ok that was kind of bitchy of me, but at this point, I was getting annoyed. I had asked him to leave several times. Now he's embarrassing himself and me in front of MY family.

"Annie."

With that I excused myself from the table and started walking back to my room.
"Don't follow me."

"Too bad Annie. You're not getting away with this."

I turned towards him. "What do you want. What else could you possibly say that hasn't already been said? I said everything I had to say."

"I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this."

"Because you hooked up with another girl and there are pictures all over the internet to prove it. Do you see what people are saying online? No you don't. Because you don't care. But I did. And I do."

"Annie we're not together. You don't want a relationship remember?"

"That was in July Jack. I thought after Thanksgiving, things would have changed. You said you didn't want to be in a relationship. That's why I said I didn't want to be either."

Things started to get loud and we were now full on screaming at each other on the beach. Luckily no one was around.

"It's probably best we're not in a relationship. All we do is fight...and apparently you're not very trustworthy." I said with no regret.

Jack started to say something when Mitch appeared behind me and asked if everything was ok.

"Yeah we got it. Thanks." Jack answered kind of snippy.

"I wasn't asking you man. Annie. Is everything good here?" Mitch asked again.

"Yeah, Mitch I'm good. Thanks."

"Ohhhh So this is the dude you cheated with?" Jack said.

"Cheated? WERE NOT DATING!" I screamed at him.

"Nice to meet you man. I'm Jack. The guy she has been seeing and apparently keeping a secret from you."

Seeing him? I wouldn't even consider it that.

"I know who you are. She's told me all about you. She also told me she hasn't been seeing you. You've hooked up a couple of times, but she hasn't really heard from you since Thanksgiving."

"Is that what she told you?" Jack asked with a little laugh.

"Listen man. She asked you to leave her alone. Just go." Mitch said.

"Why don't you stay out of it "Mitch". " Jack replied.

I turned and started walking back to dinner. I didn't need Mitch to defend me. Although it was kind of hot. Jack followed. Obviously. He was eating there too.

"Annie listen. I'm sorry. I didn't want to come here and fight with you. I wanted to come and spend time with you."

"Then why did you hook up with another girl 3 days ago?"

"Because I was drunk. I spent my whole time in Miami thinking about you. I saw how much fun you were having your first night and I couldn't wait to come. I saw that girl in a bar and the way she smiled at me reminded me of you. I was so drunk I didn't even know what I was doing when we hooked up."

"So why did you bring her to the beach the next day. You know from experience that you get photographed on the beach in Miami."

"I don't know. When I woke up she was still in my bed, so I just decided to invite her to the beach. She was much more handsy then I expected. I expected she would just do her own thing and leave."

"When you look the way you do, you don't just hook up with someone and then leave them. Especially someone with some fame behind their name. I would've done the same thing if I were her. Did you know she's actually a huge fan of you?"

"Did you stalk her?"

"No. I just read what all the fans were saying. Do you like her?"

"Do I like her? I don't even know her."

"But you found her pretty."

"Yeah I did. She was gorgeous. Are you jealous."

"A little."

"She wasn't nearly as pretty as you. And she had the personality of a wet rag."

I told Jack I wanted to enjoy my dinner and I would talk to him later. As much as I wanted to be done with that conversation, I knew it wasn't over.