26

I slept right through my alarm...which meant, I slept through the parade. I woke up and rolled over to look at my phone. 10:30! wtf. How did I sleep for so long. I got up and could already hear people downstairs. I ran to the bathroom to shower. My mom came upstairs.

"Annie. What are you doing? People are starting to show up."

"Mom! Why didn't you wake me up? I slept through my alarm and missed the parade."

"How was I supposed to know you weren't up here watching it? Hurry up and get downstairs."

While I was in the shower, I got a text from Jack. I looked and realized I got quite a few texts from Jack throughout the morning.

From: Jack
"About to go on!"

From: Jack
"What'd you think? They didn't have our mics on, so Johnson looked like an idiot."

From: Jack
"We have an interview at 10:30, then we'll be over."

From: Jack
"Annie?"

From: Jack
"You ok?"

To: Jack
"Sorry. Super busy over here. See you soon!!"

From: Jack
"Ok, we're on our way. Can't wait to see you!"

I took the quickest shower I could and then threw some makeup on my face. Luckily, my skin is blessing me this fall so I didn't have to wear much of a base. I quickly blow dried my hair which is also a round brush, so my hair was done in like 5 minutes.

**knock on the door**

"Annie?"

"Jack?"

"Are you almost ready?" he asked.

"Perfect timing, I'm done. I just have to get dressed quickly."

Jack took a seat on my bed, as if I had asked him to stay and help me pick out an outfit.

I pulled out a black jumpsuit...it was a little low cut, but not excessively low cut and a burnt orange duster sweater to go over it. I threw on some wedges and turned to Jack.

"What do we think? We like?" I asked.

"We love." he replied standing up. He came over and gave me a kiss.

"STOP ACTING LIKE MY BOYFRIEND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE MY BOYFRIEND." I wanted to shout that at him, but I didn't.

"Let's go." I said, walking out of my room.

We went downstairs and there were at least 15 people here already. Jack hugged my grandma and introduced himself to everyone. I didn't even have to. Johnson was on the couch playing video games with my cousin. My other cousins were sitting at the table talking to Jack now. My aunt (their mom) came over and said, "I preset them, and took their phones. I told them there would be no talking about the fact that he was here today and they said they got it. We're all good. So are you guys dating or what? I have to know when I sell this information to TMZ later!"

I pushed her and laughed. She's great...so great.

Dinner time came and everyone was choosing seats. My cousins were following Jack around like a puppy dog. They both wanted to sit next to him. I sat down next to my cousin Rob who was honestly my favorite cousin. We're basically the same person and he's hella funny. Jack sat on the other side of me and my cousins fought over the last empty seat next to him.

"Jesus, what's their deal?" Rob asked me.

"If only I knew" I responded.

Food was passed around and every time Jack passed the food to me, he smiled. His smile melted my heart. Once we were done eating, everyone just sat at the table talking. Rob was talking to Jack and me. Jack had him arm resting on the back of my chair...so technically he had his arm around me so...kidding.

Jack and Jack decided to get up and offer to help my mom clean up. They were collecting plates and Rob asked, "are you guys dating?" Why does everyone keep asking this.

"No, we're just friends."

"Why?"

"He doesn't want to be in a relationship right now." I told him.

"Then why is he acting like he's been your boyfriend for months?"

I told Rob everything. What happened in January, in Vegas, and most recently. He's been with his girlfriend for 3 years, so he was pretty smart about relationships.

"I think he wants you to be official, but he doesn't want to be the one to make the first move. You might have to do it."

I didn't want to make the first move, and I wasn't going to.

I was sitting with my grandpa, grandma, and dad at the dinner table when Jack walked over.

"So where are we going for the holidays this year?"My grandpa asked my dad.

"Where do you want to go dad?" My dad asked back.

My family goes away every holiday season. We are Jewish, so we don't celebrate Christmas...obviously.  Since my dad gets the week between Christmas and New Year's off, we take a nice family vacation with my grandparents.

"Well where have we not been?" Grandma chimed in.

Last year we went to Bermuda . The year before that was Grand Turk. We usually go somewhere warm and tropical. We try to stick with the Caribbean, but we've also been to Mexico.

"My family is going to Anguilla. Have you ever been there?" Jack interjected.

"We went for our 40th wedding anniversary." My grandpa responded.

"We haven't been there before though." My dad said. "Is it nice?"

"Yeah, we go every other year. It's our favorite place. The beach is white sand and the water is crystal blue and its beautiful. You guys should come."

"Hunny, what do you think of Anguilla?" My dad shouted to my mom who was in the kitchen.

"For what? What's that?" my mom answered.

"For vacation."

"Isn't it a little late to book a trip now Ben?" my mom said.

"No. We'll book it right now. Annie go get me your laptop."

"Any recommendations on where to stay?" My dad asked Jack.

"We're staying at the West End Bay. We stay there every time. Doesn't get more perfect than that."

My dad looked up the place Jack suggested. Turns out they have availability for the week we are gonna go.

"You mind if we stay there too? We wont crash your party or anything!" My dad jokingly asked.

"Absolutely not. It will be great to know other people!"

"December 20-December 30." I heard my dad tell the woman on the phone. "6 adults."

"6 adults. Who's coming?" I asked him.

"I figured Joey would be coming." he replied.

I told you...they think of Joey as their own kid. They might even like him more than me. Oh boy, I can't wait to tell him later.

"Guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other in Anguilla!" Jack said to me.

"If you're lucky!"

"It's going to be hard to avoid me. The hotel isn't that big."

"I'll be on the beach every day from sun up to sundown with a drink in my hand." I said.

"And I'll be in your room every night." he whispered in my ear.

I slapped his leg and just laughed. He's so dumb.