7

As I was walking into my final, my phone buzzed.

"Maybe:Jack" was the contact info. Weird that our phones know who unknown numbers are now.
From: maybe:Jack
"You were right. The scarf does look good with my outfit"

To: maybe:Jack
"Who is this?" I knew who it was, but again...I'm playing hard to get.

From: maybe:Jack
"Jack"

To: maybe:Jack
"Ohhh yeah see I told you."

From: maybe:Jack
"But it definitely looked better on you."

To: Jack
"Well then maybe you should give it back!"

From: Jack
"Well then maybe you should come to our show tomorrow and I'll give it back then.

To: Jack
"We'll see about that. Send the deets and I'll think about it"

Jack sent the address and I didn't respond after that. I turned my phone off for the day so I wouldn't be distracted during my finals.

I think I did pretty well on my finals. They were easy classes where I had to answer some questions about teaching. Blah blah boring stuff.

I turned my phone on to a slew of texts from Joey.

From: Joey
"Dude"
This text was followed by a link. I clicked the link which opened up to a picture with the caption: Jack Gilinsky and Madison Beer vacation to Miami again.

First of all. He looks really cute. But also...who is she? I have no reason to be jealous. I've talked to him 4 times. But ill admit. His texts were flirty so he was definitely sending mixed signals there.

I replied to Joey saying, "so?"

From: Joey
"He didn't tell you he had a girlfriend?"

To:Joey
"No? Nothings going on so why would he need to tell me?"

From: Joey
"There is definitely something going on"

I ignored the texts from Joey and opened up my other messages.

From: Jack
"How were your finals?"

I decided to say something.

To: Jack
"They were great. How was Miami"

He had to know I knew. It was kind of really obvious.

From: Jack
"Hot"

To: Jack
"Yeah I bet it was"

From: Jack
"What's that supposed to mean?"

To: Jack
"You and your girlfriend were in the water a lot, so it must have been really hot. You needed to cool down."

From: Jack
"She's not my girlfriend. Well. She was, but she's not anymore."

To: Jack
"It was 3 days ago..."

From: Jack
"Come to the W hotel. I'll explain everything"

I didn't respond to that text. My dad texted that he was on his way home from work and to be ready for dinner. We got back to the apartment at the same time. I ran upstairs to quickly change.

"Where are we going?" I asked my dad as we got into the car
"Trattoria Trecolori" he replied

Trattoria Trecolori is my favorite restaurant. Before we even got to the restaurant, I knew what I was getting. I sat in the car flipping through instagram and twitter. I saw some tweets from Jack, but I ignored them. Kept scrolling...didn't even stop to look at them.

We pulled up to valet, and I saw the paparazzi standing outside. This is very normal, as a lot of celebrities eat at this restaurant. The valet man opened my door and I stepped out onto the curb. I followed my mom inside the restaurant, with my dad right behind me. As we were walking through the door, I started to see flashes. As we walked through the left door, Jack and his best friend, also named Jack were walking out of the right door.

"Annie" Jack yelled.