Chapter 1

Not Edited
Everlark or Everthorne?
Chapter 1
☁☁☁
Peeta's POV

I've loved this girl ever since I first layed eyes on her, aged 5 in kindergarten. Her dark brown hair was in two plaits instead of one she wears now, she had a red dress on with matching shoes. I remember asking my dad about her when we first go there.

"Daddy, who's she?" I asked.

"Who? The girl in the red dress?" My father asked.

I nodded. "Yeah"

"That's Katniss Everdeen. I used to love her mother when we were younger but she went off with a miner" He says to me.

"Why did she go off with a miner?"

"Everytime he sung, everything would stop to listen to him"

"Oh"

"That's when I knew I'd never get a chance with her and started dating mom"

"I love you daddy" I say hugging him.

"I love you too Peeta. It's time for me to go now, have a nice day okay?"

I nod before he walks off.

Later that morning we were in assembly, the teacher asked "Who knows the valley song?"

A hand shot straight up, they were called to the front to sing it. I then realised it was Katniss. As soon as she started singing, I knew I was a gonna like my father.

*End of flashback*

And it now brings you to this day, I still love her now, at aged 16. Like I thought when I was younger, I knew I was a gonna like my father, and that statement was correct. She's now dating a senior called Gale Hawthorne. Lot's of people thought they were cousins as they look so much alike until they started dating.

So here I am, heading to school after Christmas break. I park my car and head into school when I see a big group of people and yelling in the middle, I see my friends Finnick, Annie, Johanna, Cato, Clove, Marvel and Glimmer. I walk over.

"Hey, whats going on?" I say over the shouting.

"An argument or sommin'" Marvel says.

Some people have walked off so we move closer only to notice it's Katniss and Gale. The group look at me and I must show a shocked face and must be staring as Cato waves his hand infront of me.

"Dude, what's wrong?" Cato says.

I point to Kat and Gale.

"Ohh" They say when they see.

"Your a fucking slut!" Gale shouts. "You've probably slept with loads of boys!"

"So what if I have?!" Katniss shouts. "You can call me a slut all you like, but guess what? Your the one that wanted to date me!"

"See! I knew you were a slut ever since I started dating you!"

"Oh please! Tell me something you haven't already called me! Oh wait, thats right. You've called me everything!"

"You come in EVERYDAY with a love bite!" He yells.

She pushes him against the locker "You don't even know the slightest thing that goes on in my family so I'd shut it if I was you 'cause you know damn well I can hurt you!" She spits in his face before letting him go and stepping back.

"I'm not scared of you!"

"Oh really? Do you want your secret to slip our right now then?" She says smirking.

"I can easily do the same mind" He says smirking back.

Her smirk drops. "You dare Hawthorne!" She growls.

"I wouldn't dare" he says sarcastically.

"This isn't gonna work out is it?"

"Nah"

"We're over then" she says.

I feel the boys nudging and smirking at me. They know I like Katniss, even though she's my best friend..