Chapter 40

~a month later~

-Katniss' POV-

I've had the operation but I'm still stuck in the hospital until it's healed. Loads of people have been visiting me but mainly Peeta, his family, Prim, Peeta's friends and my friends.

Peeta hasn't been going to school, he's been staying with me. Michael goes in and gets our work and homework for that day and end up doing it here because were so bored and Michael takes it back in when he gets our next lot.

The wound has healed nicely now and they say I can go home because I've already got used to walking around with the little pain in my chest.

I get dressed in pale blue skinny jeans with a black top and black boots.

They've moved me to the waiting room where I'll sit until the Mellark's come and get me.

After about 10 minuted I see Peeta and Michael. I stand up as they come over and hug me.

"Hey" I say.

"Hey, let's get you out of here then shall we?" Michael says. He goes over to the desk where he signs my release papers.

"How's your chest?" Peeta asks.

"It's been better but it's been worse" I answer.

"You ready to go home?" Michael asks. I nod.

He goes to take my bag but I don't let him and carry it myself. My left hand is entwined with Peeta's and Michael walks the other side of me.

I can feel Peeta getting agitated, I know he's dying to kiss me because he hasn't kissed me in a whole month because he wasn't aloud because I had a oxygen mask on because my lungs were weak but they're fine now.

We walk into the house and are greeted with Louise, Mark, Rye, Gale, Madge, Thom, Delly and the group.

"Hey!" They all shout.

I can feel the smile on my face, it's huge! Everyone comes and hugs me, even the group.

We all go and sit down in the living room, of course Peeta sits next to me and so does Gale. Peeta puts his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him so my head is resting on his chest. My arms end up around his waist and he kisses my head.

Eventually everyone leaves and the others go do other things in the house, so it's just me and Peeta left in the living room.

"You wanna go to bed? You look tired" he asks me.

"Yeah" I say as I yawn, causing Peeta to chuckle.

He picks me up then walks up the stairs. "I can walk mind" I giggle.

"I know, I just haven't been able to properly hold you for the last month" he shrugs.

"That's a good excuse" I giggle as I rest my head on his chest. We go into my room and he lays me down in bed. He's about to leave but I grab his arm.

"Stay with me?"

"Yeah" he says getting into bed with me and pulling me to rest on him. "Always"