Chapter 17

-Katniss' POV-

I'm sat in a stupid cell. There's only a bed, a toilet and a bin in here. The walls are conrete and it's freezing in here.

A peacekeeper comes in with handcuffs.

"Someones here to bail you out" he says putting the cuffs on me.

Who would it be?

Wait. Please don't be the Mellarks!

I walk down the corridoor with the peacekeeper holding onto me by another pair of handcuffs. I come to the room to be faced with my mother and Phil.

"Do you know these people?" he asks. "Because if you don't we can't let them take you"

I nod.

"Right then Mr and Mrs Appleby if you could follow me while Katniss fills some forms" he says as he leads them to another room while I fill in some forms.

I acidentally put them down my second aunt and uncle. Opps?

They come back and as soon as I walk out with them theres camera's all over me. Phil and my mother hide their faces as they guide me to the car.

-Peeta's POV-

After a few hours the TV comes on again.

"Katniss Everdeen has been bailed out of prison by Mr and Mrs Appleby; her second aunt and uncle." The interviewer says as they show a video of Katniss walking out with the man and woman either side of her hiding their faces as they lead her to their car.

We all just stare at the TV as it goes back to black.

~two days later~

I wake up for school. I get up and get dressed after showering. I go down the hallway and open Katniss' bedroom door to see if she's there, but when I open it it's just a bare bedroom, everything of hers is gone.

I sigh as I grab my bag and jacket after putting my phone, headphones, books and my charger in my bag and head downstairs where Prim, Michael, Rye, my mother and father sit.

"What's wrong Peeta?" my father asks.

"She's left" I mumble. "All her stuff is gone" I say as I sit down.

"What? That means someone came in last night and took her stuff" he says.

"Anyway, I'd best get going" I shrug as I get up and walk to school.

I arrive in school and walk over to the group.

"Hey Peet, why the down face?" Marvel asks.

"It's nothing" I say.

"Come on Peet! Katniss is home! You should be happy!" Johanna says.

"She's not. I don't know where she's staying" I say.

"What do you mean?" Finnick asks.

"Someone came in last night and took all her stuff"

"Awwh Peeta, It's okay" Annie coos.

"Speaking of Katniss" Cato says pointing behind me.

I turn round to see Katniss walking in on her own. She isn't dressed like she normally does, she's in skinny jeans, her hunting boots and a turtle neck top. Her books are clenched to her stomach as she walks in looking at the floor.

"Katniss!" I shout. She freezes and looks over to me then her head goes back to looking at the floor as she continues to walk.

~second lesson - Geography~