Chapter 38

-Peeta's POV-

Me and the group decide to do homework at my house, so we all walk home. Katniss is at her doctor and therepist appoitnment.

We walk through and go and sit down at the table and get our books out. I have math, geography, art and chemistry to do.

After about half an hour I hear thr door opening and closing and someone going upstairs. They come down then walk through the living room door. It's Katniss.

"Hey, how was it?" I ask when I see her

"Shite" she answers. "I don't even know why I have to go! It's not like it helps me!"

"What did he do this time?"

"Faked a man to be my uncle"

"Oh"

"Yeah 'oh'" she says annoyed. "What homework you doing?"

"Math"

"Hahaha I don't have any because I'm in a higher set than you" she sing songs, teasing me.

"Very funny" I say rolling my eyes.

"I should have stayed in Willow Tree high, it's much better"

"But then you wouldn't see your amazing boyfriend all day" I tease.

"I could live with that"

"I couldn't"

"Well that's because your obsessed with me" she says poking her tongue at me. "Now do your homework"

"Help me then?" I plead.

"Why cause I'm smarter than you?" she teases.

"No, maybe because you went to a better school for a bit" I shoot back.

"Not my fault" she says.

"Can we just get on with it?" Finnick asks.

"Oh so you all want my help?" Katniss asks.

"Yeah" Marvel says.

"I still owe you pretty boy" she says pointing at him. "And don't think I'll forget because I won't. Anyway, what do you have to do?"

"Math is first" I say.

She sit's down next to me and takes my book. She looks over it. "This is easy"

"Answers then?" I ask sweetly.

"Hmm" she thinks.

"Just give us the damn answers!" Clove says.

"Ah I might not now" she says getting up.

"No pweese" I ask in a baby voice.

"Nope, I like seeing you suffer" she pokes her tongue out.

I pull a pouty face. "Pweese?" I ask in a baby voice again as I bat my eyelashes like a girl.

"Hmm nope, but you do look cute like that" she teases.

"I didn't want to know if I looked cute or not, I wanted help with my homework" I whine.

Her phone buzzes. She pulls it out of her pocket. "Look, I really need to go, I'll help you later okay?" she kisses me then smiles.

"Okay" I sigh. "Where are you going?"

"I have to go to the shop to get this thing for my science project then explain to Gale what it is because he wasn't in"

"Okay, I'll see you when you get back"

She smiles then kisses me again. "See you later, love you" she then walks out and shuts the door behind her.

"I don't believe it" Marvel says.

"Why?" I ask.

"She's lying, you're just to in love with her to notice it. She's got you wrapped around her little finger" Cato explains.

I roll my eyes at them then pull out my Art book.

After about half an hour the door opens and closes and I hear Katniss giggling and someone chuckling. Is she cheating on me?

She walks through the door still laughing with him but stops when she sees us. Her arms are entwined with the male who must be around 18 or 19. Yep, she's cheating on me.

"Oh, Dean this is Peeta. Peeta this is Dean" she says smiling.

"Nice to meet you finally, she doesn't stop talking about you"

I nod and smile awkwardly.

"Oh Peeta, this is Dean, my therapist"

"Who are these?" he asks.

"Oh, they're Peeta's group of friends" she nods.

"Hey Finnick" he says.

"You know Finnick?" Katniss asks.

"Yes, he's my nephew"

"Oh.." Katniss says.

The rest of my family come in.

"Dean this is Mark, Louise, Michael and Rye. This is Dean, my therapist"

"Hello, nice to meet you, we're Katniss' guardian" my mother says.

"Can I speak to the people who know her the best?" he asks.

Me and Rye step outside with him. "What's the problem?"

"It's Katniss.."

"We know that, what about her?"

"This" he says handing us a sheet of paper each. "We had it off her doctor"

I read through it. They've recently done a test on her again and found it's not just mental disorder she's been diagnosed with. She knows about the others. For a long time in fact, she's had them all since thirteen but only told us about her mental disorder. She actually has quite a few others. She's also suffering with mild symptoms of lung cancer..