Chapter 20

-Peeta's POV-

At the end of her explaining I'm in tears.

I must have droned out because the last thing I hear is Katniss.

"I can't do this no more, I'm going. I can't stick it"

I come back to reality and see finnick cradleing his cheek and eye as Katniss has a bloody lip. Katniss looks raged and so does Finnick. They must have argued when I droned out.

The group come rushing into the kitchen and see Finnick.

"You need to fucking sort yourself out you metally disordered, popular, slutty, freak!" Clove shouts to Katniss.

Katniss gasps and I see her turning the knife in her hand.

She tightens her jaw. I glare at clove.

"What?" Clove snaps.

"You" I snap back.

Katniss goes to lunge for her but I grab her back by her waist. She fights in my grasp but I'm too strong for her.

She finally gives up. I pick her up and take her to the living room as I glare at Finnick and Clove as I walk past. I set her down on the sofa as Prim skips over and sits one side of her as I sit the other side.

She soon calms down and puts the case back over the sharp blade of her pocket knife before putting it back in her pocket.

Soon she falls asleep with her head resting on my shoulder and Prim leaning her head on Katniss' side.

I smile at the two sisters as they peacefully sleep.

Not long later the door opens and the group walks in, Finnick and Clove glare at Katniss as they all sit down.

"How can you not be scared of her?" Glimmer asks.

I shrug. "I know the good side of her, and I'm stronger than her so I can just wrap my arms around her and she can't get out of them"

"Yeah but seeing her like that earlier tonight, didn't it worry you?"

"No, not really. Why?" I reply.

"We're not really fond of her.." Marvel answers.

I feel the anger boiling up in me as Finnick and Clove smirk.

"Of course your not" I say folding my arms.

They all make a confused face. Obviously except Finnick and Clove.

"You all think just because she's popular that she'd be stuck up and act like a slut. She doesn't, in fact she's the total opposite of it" I say.

"But Finnick and Clove told us that she killed his brother" Cato says.

"What did they exactly tell you then?" I question.

"That she's mental and killed his adoptive brother on perpose"

"Well then you obviously haven't heard the whole story and Mr Finnick Odair and Miss Clove Turner is lying"

"Well what is the story then?" they ask.

I tell them the story. By the end their all crying.

"I never thought she went through all that"

I'm about to answer but someone else does.

"Oh trust me she has. She just doesn't show it because she doesn't want pity from people so she just keeps it lock up inside of her" I turn to see Gale.

"Hey Peeta" he says.

"Hey Gale" I reply.

"She calmed down?" he asks as he walks in.

"Ehh" I say. "She nearly killed her mother"

"How?!"

"She has a knife in her pocket"

He goes to get the knife out.

"Don't you dare" Katniss growls with her eyes closed.

He still tries to get it and ends up getting kicked where boys really shouldn't get kicked. He doubles over on the floor.

"Ahhh" he groans.

She sits up. "I warned you"

The group stiffle a laugh.

"I'd shut up. You group of people are not in my good books at the moment, or you" she says pointing at Gale. "Or you" she says to me then gets up and walks out of the room with Prim closely following.

"What did I do?" I say.

They all shrug.

What did I do?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So urm yeah.

Not sure about this chapter to be honest😁

Not really feeling myself at this moment in time. I've been up since 01:45am this morning and it's now 06:40pm and haven't slept all day and ill😪

Feeling bad does not go with the way I'm feeling right now😖

Anyway..

What do you think Peeta has done to Katniss to make her not like him at the moment?!😱

Idk anymore..

Byeeeeeeeeee

-Chloe😘🍀🌼✨