Chapter 12

-Peeta's POV-

My father, mother and brothers see me crying.

"What's wrong Peeta?" my father asks.

"I shouldn't of let her go home with him" I shake my head as tears stream down my face.

"Why?" Rye asks.

"HE FUCKING RAPES HER THATS WHY!" I scream.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" my dad exclaims. "What does her mother do about it?"

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! She doesn't stop him or anything! She knows he does it to her!"

"We're going over there right now!" he exclaims as he grabs his coat and slips his shoes on the grabs me and we go to Katniss'.

We arrive there and see Katniss sitting on the sofa-type swing in the front garden. She has her knees tucked up to her chest and she's shaking nervously.

I run over. Her head is in her knees and she's crying. I sit down and pull her into my lap.

"Shhh" I coo as I rock her small frame in my lap.

She eventually stops crying and starts to relax, bringing her head up to look at me as she now hiccups from crying so much.

"W-why di-did yo-you come?" She hiccups. "y-you c-can't b-b-be h-here"

"Because I shouldn't have let you go with him. And why can't I be here?"

"H-he'll hu-hurt y-you"

"Don't worry about me, my fathers in the house now. Come one you and Prim are coming to stay with us. We have two spare bedrooms for you" I say as I stand up and carry her to the house.

"I can walk mind" she giggles.

"I know, I just want to carry you" I say smiling down at her.

I walk up to her room and sit her on her bed. We grab her suitcases, 7 in total. I fill the 4 bigger ones with all her clothes and shoes while she puts all her other stuff in the slightly smaller ones.

Once we're done her room is empty. It's just her bed, desk, draws bookshelf, shelves and her door to her walk in wardrobe left. I take her suitcases down as my father helps put Prim's suitcases in the car. They both come out with their smaller ones and their pillows and quilt.

They get in the back seats while I get in the front with my father.

"Why are you doing this?" the two of them ask from the back seat.

"Because you don't deserve to live there with those two" my father answers.

"I can't let you take us in like this" Katniss says.

"Yes you can, you deserve it" I say.

We pull up outside our house with is connected to the bakery.

Me and my father get out and tell the girls to stay there. We go into the house and see my mother and two brothers in the living room.

"What happened?" My mother asks us as we walk in.

"They can't live there anymore" my father says. "They can live here"

"Why?" my brothers ask.

"Because Katniss was a quivering wreck when we went over there" I say.

"And Prim was being hit and shouted at by him when I walked in and their mother was just sitting there reading a book!"

"Did they bring their stuff?" my mother asks.

"We made them pack so they don't have to go back" my father says.