Chapter 42

-Peeta's POV-

I wake up the next morning with Katniss' side of the bed cold. I sit up and look around her room and see her sitting on her windowsil with the window open as the wind blows her hair.

"Katniss?" I ask.

She turns her head and smiles at me. "Morning"

"You okay? You know after last night"

She nods. "Just a little sore but not much"

We're lucky it's the weekend the rest of the family is away and Prim was at her friends" I chuckle. She giggles and nods.

"I'm gonna go get dressed then go and make breakfast for us both" I say as I get up.

She nods. "I'm gonna get dressed too, see you downstairs" she says as I walk out.

-Katniss' POV-

I quickly jump in the shower then bush my teeth and blow dry my hair. I pick out an outfit which consists of black jean shorts, black tights with a light blue jumper with black bird prints on. I put gold shooting star clutch earrings and a black bracelet. I put my purse, phone, charger, earphones and makeup bag in my bag after doing my makeup. I put my hair in a plait going down my back and my nails are the same colour as my jumper. I slip on matching blue flats then head downstairs to see Peeta making breakfast.

"Hey, I'm going out with the group today. Wanna come?" He asks.

I nod but then see he's looking back at the cooker. "Sure"

He played up the breakfast and turns off he cooker then comes over to me and slides his arms around my waist. "Good cause I wouldn't of wanted to leave you on your own all day" he says as his hands drop a little and touch my butt. He gives me a kiss as he squeezes my butt which I squeal and slap his hands for.

"Aww didn't little Katniss like that?" He says in a baby voice.

"No" I say in a baby voice as I do a fake pout.

"Stop pouting otherwise no breakfast" he says poking my nose which he knows makes me smile and giggle. "Good girl" he says as he gives me another kiss.

We go to the table and make casual talk then once we're finished we out the plates in the sink and go meet the group.

We walk down the road hand in hand with our fingers intwined. My bag hangs on my other shoulder as I hear my phone going off. I get it out and put it to my ear. I forgot to check who it was.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kat" they say. Oh god it's Dylan, one of my ex's, fuck.

"Uhh hey Dylan, what's up?" I ask. Peeta gives me a questioning look when I say 'Dylan'.

"I was wondering if we could meet up? We haven't spoken in a while and I just feel like catching up"

"Uhh it depends..when?"

"Around lunch time?"

"Just as friends?"

"Just as friends" he confirms.

I leave it at that and hang up and put my phone back in my bag. "Who was that?" Peeta asks.

"Oh a old friend from where my mother lives, he wanted a catch up at lunch time"

"A boy?"

"He's gay" I lie.

"Ahh gay best friend is it?" He chuckles.

Insane // EverlarkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara