Chapter 2

Not Edited
Everlark or Everthorne?
Chapter 2
☁☁☁
Katniss' POV

I run out of school. I know If I stayed in school, my friends would find me and comfront me about what I said. The truth is, I can't tell them. If I do my uncle will kill them, cause he knows if I told someone they'd ring the police. I just wish I didn't blurt it out now for god sake!

I sit outside the gates on the kurb, so If my friends see me they can't get to me.

Why do I have to put up with this in my life?

I don't deserve this, do I?

I mean, a 16 year old girl, getting raped by her uncle every night by force while her mother doesn't do anything.

The only thing I have to live for is Prim, my sweet, little, innocent 12 year old sister, Primrose. She wouldn't be able to cope If I died. She looks up to me, even though I'm an awful role-model for her. I'm not even pretty!

I hear the school bell go for lunch. I stay sat on the kurb. I hear running and bashing on the school gates I'm sitting infront of.

"Kat!!" The girls shout.

I stand up and turn around. They all gasp.

"What's wrong? Why have you walked out?" Glimmer asks.

"Nothing! I just wanted to okay?" I say.

Annie walks away for a bit then walks back. A few minutes later I hear more running.

"Kat?" A voice says.

I turn round and see the boys there too. None of these are even my friends! Exept Peeta, he thinks we're friends when I just say were allies, I put up with him because he listens to me. Their all his group of friends. I don't bother with them.

They all gasp.

"What?" I snap.

"Kat, what are you doing out there?" Peeta asks.

"None of your god damn business'!" I snap. "Just go!"

"Not until you come back in" Finnick says.

I scoff. "You'll be waiting there a while then"

"We don't care our last two lessons are free anyway!" Cato says.

I feel my phone vibrate. I pull it out and read the text message.

Uncle: I've heard you've run out of school. Don't worry I'll be there to pick you up shortly they we can have fun at home scenes as your sister's in school and your mothers in work, not that she cares anyway.

I gasp. Causing them all to shoot their heads up at me. I jump up and start running as fast as I can down the street. I hear a bunch of footsteps after the gate rattles. They must have jumped over and followed me. I carry in running and climb over the meadow gate. I start walking from there as I know he won't come over. I carry on walking until I reach the woods.

Cato's POV

About 5 minutes after the bell goes for lunch Finnick's phone rings.

"Yello?" he answers.

"Yokay, we'll be over now" he says then ends the call.

"Who was it?" Marvel asks.

"Annie, she rung to say that Peeta's lady friend aka his crush is sat on the kurb outside the school gates" he says gesturing Peeta.

"Oh god, what did Kat climb over the freaking school gates!" Peeta exclaims.

We all get up, Peeta leads running to the gates with us followed. When we get there we see the girls sitting on the grass by the gates where Kat is sitting outside.

"Kat?" Peeta says.

She turn round and sees us there. Her face is pale with red blotchy eyes.

We all gasp.

"What?" She snaps.

"Kat, what are you doing out there?" Peeta asks.

"None of your god damn business'!" She snaps. "Just go!"

"Not until you come back in" Finnick says.

She scoffs. "You'll be waiting there a while then"

"We don't care our last two lessons are free anyway!" I say.

We hear a gasp. We all shoot out heads up and look and see Kat getting up and starting to run down the street.

Peeta is the first to jump and and jump over the gate, followed by the rest of us. We follow her as she runs, she stops and jumps over a gate with a meadow on the other side, the meadow leads to a woods.

We all climb over and see her now walking, not running anymore. She carries on walking into the woods. We stop for a minute wondering whether to go and follow her or not.

We decide to follow her, she walks up to a hollow log and pulls something out and carries on walking to a tree trunk, pulling out a bag of come kind and slinging it over her shoulder. She carries on walking, not making a sound. Where as us are crunching all over the place.

"If your going to follow me at least be quiet or leave now" she says pulling something out of her bag thats over her back.

We walk closer but all stop at the same time as we see what shes holding; a bow and a shealth of arrows on her back.

"W-what do you do with t-that?" I ask pointing to the bow.

"Hunting?" she answers questioningly.