Chapter 44

~a week later~

-Peeta's POV-

Katniss has been acting really weird lately, she won't look me in the eye when we're talking and she tries to avoid my affection to her. I don't know what's wrong with her though. Would she be getting bored of our relationship? No of course not! She loves me, but come to think of it she hasn't been saying it recently.. Maybe she is getting bored of our relationship or maybe she's getting bored of my affection all the time towards her.

I'm currently sitting on the sofa, bored out of my brain because Katniss has gone out with Rye and their friends and my friends are revising for tests.

-Katniss' POV-

We're walking through the meadow messing around and chasing each other. All of a sudden I start to feel dizzy, I fall to the ground and hit my head on a rock and I feel the blood running down my face. I hear the girls calling the boys, I hear Rye and Gale calling my name, trying to get me answer. That's when I fall into darkness.

-Rye's POV-

I get the others to call an amblulance as I puck her up and carry her out of the meadow because we're not meant to be there. Gale calls the ambulance while I ring Peeta, after all it's his girlfriend. After 4 rings he picks up.

"What's up?"

"It's Katniss, I'll explain eveything soon, just meet us at the hospital"

"w-wh uh okay!" he says and hangs up.

The ambulance arives and we all travel with her. We get to the hospital and have to wait in the waiting room because we're not aloud further. After about 5 minutes Peeta comes runnin in and over to us.

"W-what happened?" he asks on the verge of tears.

"She started spinning then fell and hit her head on a rock and blacked out" the girls say.

He sighs and sits down. After about 2 hours the doctor comes out. "Friends or family of Katniss Everdeen?" We all stand.

"Well we've stiched her head back up from the knock to her head, which caused her to cut her head open. Unfortunately, due to so much loss of blood she's fallen into a coma with a 20% chance of living due to other medical problems"

"W-what other medical problems?" we question.

"Well we can't say sorry, it was her choice to tell you"

"Can we see her?" Gale asks.

"Yes, follow me" he says as we walk back through the doors, me and Peeta walk by the side of him while the others follow behind.

"Are you two family?" he asks.

"No, she lives with us due to her father dying and her mother and uncle abusing her and her sister. I'm one of her best friends and my little brother is her boyfriend" I say.

"Ahh, so you two are quite close to her?"

"We all are"

We reach her room and walk in. We all gasp as the sight of her, she has loads of wires coming out from everywhere. I look over to her heart monitor which is beeping just less than a normal heart beat.

Oh Katniss, what did you do to deserve this life?