Chapter 28

-Peeta's POV-

She glares at us all. "You fucking turned me in Peeta! What kind of a friend are you?! After what you did to me not long ago I could have reported you to the police but I didn't, because I'm a nice person like that. Just goes to show what you think of me" she spits.

They leave after a few minutes after calming her down and asking her questions.

I turn to Finnick and Clove.

"I can't believe you two! You sent her in! You made her think I did it!" I scream at them.

I hear little whimpers. I turn around and see Lilly. She sees me and runs over to me with her unbalanced toddler legs. I pick her up and she cries into my shoulder.

"Shhh, Lilly. Katniss is going to be okay" I coo.

"I want two swee Kwatnish"

I look to her mother who nods. "Okay, I'll take you to see Katniss shall I?"

She nods.

I take her to the police station. When we get there we see them trying to question Katniss. I run over.

"Katniss!"

"What do you want?" She snaps. "You put me in here again after all"

"I didn't, I promise you, I would never do that. It was Finnick and Clove! They saw you when they were walking through the park with the rest of the group and I saw them and those two ran off and I chased after them to try and stop them, but by the time I got back they had already got you" I explain.

"Why should I believe you?"

"Because I love you Katniss! Would I do that if I loved you?!"

She sighs. "Do you know her?" The officer asks. I nod.

"Yes officer"

"How?"

"Uhh, ex boyfriend and also best friend. She lived with me for a while due to her mother and uncle's abuse to her"

"Her uncle?"

"Phillip Woods"

"Right, so that was her uncle she killed?"

I nod. "Yes, her abused and raped her along with her mother abusing her too" I explain.

"Do you know why?"

I look to Katniss who nods. I know she doesn't want to tell him herself. "Her mother started when her father was in work and gradually became worse as she got older and her father passed. Her uncle came to live with her and her sister, he started raping and abusing her with whips, as seen from the scars on her back. Her mother never touched her younger sister due to Katniss not letting her. Her uncle would hit her occasionally but that's it. When she was fourteen she got diagnosed with mental disorder due to accidentally killing her best friend"

"Is that her daughter?"

"No, it's a little girl who likes her a lot and requested to see her"

The officer nods as her writes everything down. "Very well, your free to go. But you will be back living with this boys family, away from you mother"

She nods as he takes the handcuffs off her and notices the band on her wrist. "I'm very sorry I didn't notice it before"

She nods. "It's okay" she says as I hand her Lilly, who practically jumps into her arms and positions herself as she was earlier.

We walk out and see Lilly's mother, father and brothers and sisters outside waiting for us. They smile as I come out with Katniss and Lilly in her arms.

She hands a sleeping Lilly back to her mother and we say goodbye then head back to my house.