Chapter 30

-Katniss' POV-

"Peeta stop! I have to get to school" I exclaim as he tries to drag me into his school.

"Come on" he whines.

"No, I'm already late!"

He keeps pulling me though, making me laugh hard. He stops, I look up to see his smile gone as he sees the group coming over.

I start to feel by blood bloiling up inside me when I see Finnick and Clove. I know it was those who turned me in. I let go of Peeta as I slowly step back as they keep walking over. They reach Peeta and I'm a little away from them.

"What's wrong?" Clove asks smirking. I glare at her as I feel my fingers itch to grab my knife out of my shoe but I know I can't.

"Your not meant to be here" Finnick scoffs. "See, your badge and tie is different to us which means it's a different school so you shouldn't be here" he explains as if I'm an alien.

Peeta looks to me with a sorry look in his eyes. I keep stepping back as Peeta walks towards me and the group follow.

"Katniss.." Peeta starts but I shake my head.

"Y-you're one of them! You hate me too, you always have!" I scream at him.

"Katniss what are you talking about? I don't hate you, I love you" he cries as he takes my hands and holds them.

I shake my head and take my hands from him. "No you don't, you've hated me all a long" I say as I continue to back away until I bump into someone, I turn around to see Gale and Rye. I quickly hide behind them.

"Katniss, what's wrong? What are you doing here?"

"I-I need to go" I say shaking my head as I turn and run. I don't know where I run but I keep running until everyone stops chasing me.

I look around me and see I'm at the park again. I go and sit on the swing as I rub my temple with my eyes closed. I let it all out there and there, I sob and sob and sob until I can't anymore. I probably look a mess right now with my mascara and eyeliner and my makeup in general. I've rolled my jumpers sleeves up to my elbow because I was so hot and sticky. I grab my knife out of my shoe and just roll it around in my hands. I look to my horrible olive skin.

Without thinking I get a tight hold of my small pocket knife and glide it across my arm in small lines. I feel the blood trickle down my arm, yet it doesn't hurt. It's the complete opposite, almost if I needed to do it, it feels good. I do three cuts then wipe the blood off and put it back in my shoe.

I made a stupid mistake of leaving my sleeves up because who sees me? Lilly's family. I get up off the swing and step back before Lilly can run over to me. I shake my head which her mother sees and stops Lilly from running over, causing her to cry.

I feel really bad for not letting Lilly to come over but I can't let her see my bloody arms, I can't put my sleeves down because they could get infected and they need air to dry up and scab over. The oldest one, who must be around 12 skips over but notices my arms and stops. She then continues after a few minutes and holds my arms.

"My friend does this, I don't know why though. Why did you do it?" she asks.

"I don't really know, I just felt like I had to. I felt better after I done it"

She sees my band. "My friend has that too, she got diagnosed with it after her older brother and dad died. That's when she started cutting"

"I lost my dad when I was ten, I was living with my mother, uncle and little sister, I was abused my my mother and uncle since then until recently this year. I was diagnosed with it when I was thirteen. I don't live with my mother anymore though.."

"Where do you live then?"

"I live with the boy I was with the other day, I live with him and his family along with my little sister"

"I'm glad your looked after now" she smiles. "Although, I think Lilly wants to see you"

"But I don't want her to see my arms" I frown.

She goes in her bag and pulls out two arm bandages and puts them on my arm after cleaning them.

"Thank you" I say as I slip my jumper sleeves down over the bandages. Luckily enough I pull them down now because her mother can't hold her back any longer and she comes running over to me and jumps into my arms.

"Katwiss!" she says happily as she hugs me.

"Pweeta!" she says pointing behind me. I whip around to see Peeta and the group. The group go all bug eyed when they see Lilly, except Finnick and Clove who smirks.

Peeta comes over. "Peeta I'm so sorry about earlier, I never meant to say that. I just got all angry when I saw Finnick and Clove and my blood started boiling up and I was dyling to get the thing out of my shoe and I knew I couldn't so I just took it out on you, I'm really sorry"

"Katniss, it's okay" he says hugging me.

Phew, he forgave me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked!

QOTD: Are you going to be doing a sequel for this book?

AOTD: No, It's just going to be a long single book because I don't think it would suit a sequel to it and I'd probably get writers blocks a lot :3