Chapter 16

Chapter 16

3rd Person POV

[Yusei had just finished his duel with Bolt Tanner. He one using a deck that wasn't his own. The Blue Eyes Master enters the room as Yusei is being called away. Tanner walks over to the Blue Eyes Master]

Tanner: Well isn't it the Blue Eyes Master! What brings you here?

Blue Eyes Master: You know. I'm going to give the whole speech about how you can someday leave the facility and be a better person like I did.

Tanner: You've made quite a name for yourself.

Blue Eyes Master: I owe all of that to you.

Tanner: You don't owe me anything. You got yourself to where you are today. All I did was give a push.

Blue Eyes Master: You lost to that new guy.

Tanner: Yeah, he seems cool. I'm going to get him to the pros like I did you.

Blue Eyes Master: It also means he's in charge now.

Tanner: Don't remind me. Anyway, we all know who's really in charge and he's standing right before us. I didn't beat you to get in charge. You handed me the position. I'm glad you're here today because I want that duel we were supposed to have.

Blue Eyes Master: You want to duel me?

Tanner: Yeah. I want to know if I was worthy of becoming in charge of the facility. I want to know if I have what it takes to beat you.

Blue Eyes Master: Well, I can't say no to an old friend, now can I? This will be a private duel no witnesses.

Tanner: Except of course for security.

Blue Eyes Master: Yes, except for that.

[Tanner and the Blue Eyes Master stood face to face. Tanner had a huge smile on his face. If the Blue Eyes Master wasn't wearing a mask he would have been seen smiling as well. This was going to be a friendly duel. A duel between two friends]

Tanner: Don't hold back on me now, okay?

Blue Eyes Master: I wouldn't dream of it.

[They both activate their duel disks]