Chapter 22

3rd Person POV

[Ishizu just explained everything to JP. From the spirit living inside Yugi named Yami to the Egyptian Gods and the real reason why Kaiba held the tournament]

Ishizu: Is there anything else that you don't understand?

JP: I have a question. What does any of this have to do with me?

Ishizu: Well, something that my millennium necklace has shown me is an event where everything will change dramatically.

JP: What type of event?

Ishizu: It has to do with that boy that you saw that vanished.

JP: What about him?

Ishizu: He doesn't know it but he's the real reason why everything is going to change in ways we won't understand.

JP: So why don't we stop him?

Ishizu: I'm afraid that the wheels are already in motion and there is nothing we can do about it. When everything changes and how everyone will be affected is unknown.

[The Masked Boy is watching over the meeting and is shocked to hear what Ishizu said. His mission will be the reason that everything will change? That's not possible. He spent months on this plan and he knew what he had to do. What did he do wrong and what will happen? A man named Shadi approaches him]

 What did he do wrong and what will happen? A man named Shadi approaches him]

Shadi: Masked Duelist, I need to speak to you.

Masked Boy: What is it person I've never met?

Shadi: I know you know who I am. I came to warn you about the danger that you've caused the dimensions.

Masked Boy: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Shadi: You can pretend to be oblivious but heed my warning. Your plan is the reason why everything will change. What you tried to prevent will still happen and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Masked Boy: I don't believe you.

Shadi: Well, you should find your counterpart in this dimension and see what I mean.

[Shadi vanishes. The Masked Boy runs to find his JP counterpart in this dimension]

Masked Boy: (Thoughts) This can't be happening. This can't be true. My mission was perfect. There was no way it could go wrong. What did I do to cause the plan to go wrong?

[The Masked Boy sees JP sitting on a sidewalk with his head in his hands. The Masked Boy approaches him]

Masked Boy: What's wrong?

JP: You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Masked Boy: Try me.

JP: I had a brother named Yugi but when I came home to find him he wasn't there. I went to my friends and asked them if they had seen him, but they said they had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently, my brother Yugi never existed! It doesn't make sense! He existed this morning! I have no idea what's going on!

Masked Boy: What?

JP: It gets worse! Seto and Mokuba Kaiba are dead!

Masked Boy: What?!

JP: I just saw them vanish. They turned to dust! I don't know what's going on!

Masked Boy: (Thoughts) Seto and Mokuba are dead? (Out loud) So who's in charge of Kaiba Corp?

JP: Kaiba Corp no longer exists. A company took over.

Masked Boy: What is it called?

JP: The Leo Institution. It's headed by a man named Declan Akaba.

Masked Boy: (Thoughts) No! These events shouldn't be happening this soon! Wait, what about my Syncro counterpart? (Out loud) Did Seto have another brother?

JP: He did. I don't know his name or what he looks like but I heard he ran away. The death of his brothers were too much for him.

[The Masked Boy started to panic]

Masked Boy: Is the tournament still happening?

JP: Yes, I'm going to do what you told me. I'm going to win this tournament. I'll do it for my brother!

[JP pulls out the Millennium Puzzle]

JP: I already miss him.

Masked Boy: I have to go but keep that promise to your brother!

[The Masked Boy vanished. He had to check all the other dimensions]