Chapter 89

3rd Person POV

[JP (Synchro) arrives with Zuzu in the Synchro Dimension. Zuzu finds herself lying on the grass with JP (Synchro) standing over her]

JP (Synchro): Hey! You okay?

[Zuzu sees this, blushes, and then pushes JP (Synchro) down a hill]

JP (Synchro): Seriously, I save you and then you push me?

Zuzu: Where are we?

JP (Synchro): The Synchro Dimension. Or what I like to call it: "home." Ready to head home, Rin?

Zuzu: Rin? My name isn't Rin!

JP (Synchro): It isn't? Then who are you?

Zuzu: My name is Zuzu Boyle. You must of grabbed the wrong girl!

JP (Synchro): Seriously! I'm the worst.

Zuzu: If I'm in the Synchro Dimension, then that means I'm dimensions away from home?

[Zuzu begins to cry]

Zuzu: All of this started because of this stupid bracelet. It transported us here.

JP (Synchro): It did? I thought it was my Clear Wing.

Zuzu: I've seen you teleport. Can you send us back to where we were?

JP (Synchro): I'm sorry. It only works when it wants to.

Zuzu: Just like my bracelet. I've never been this far from home before. I feel so alone.

[Zuzu starts to sob. JP (Synchro) hands her a tissue]

Zuzu: Thank you.

JP (Synchro): I'm sorry. This is my fault. If I just grabbed the right girl we wouldn't be in this mess.

[Zuzu starts to cheer up]

Zuzu: You're a lot like the JP that I know.

JP (Synchro): How?

Zuzu: You do whatever it takes to save your friends.

JP (Synchro): I owe the Original my life. He saved me when I needed him the most. I feel horrible for leaving him behind.

Zuzu: What was he like when he was here?

JP (Synchro): We called him the Masked Boy because he always wore a mask. We didn't know what he looked like until a friend of mine named Akiza slapped it off him.

Zuzu: I've been meaning to ask you. When you dueled against those Obelisk people, I saw you arm glow.

JP (Synchro): It's my Signer Mark. I'm one of the Signers.

Zuzu: What's that?

JP (Synchro): It's a long story. Anyway, the Original has the same one. We were all confused on why that was. He is a real hero. I look up to him. He even helped become champion. That was until...

Zuzu: Until what?

JP (Synchro): He finished his duel against a guy named Zone. After he won there was a giant flash and everything reset. Everything I went through with the Original never happened. I'm the only person who remembers what happened. My friends have memories of what happened but they are skewed. No one remembers the Original and how he saved us. All the credit went to me since I look just like him. I feel guilty because people praise me for stuff I never did.

Zuzu: That's a lot to bear.

JP (Synchro): Well you just have to move forward.

Zuzu: So you're the Synchro Counterpart of my friend JP (Original). Does that mean you're the same?