Chapter 97

3rd Person POV

[In the Fusion Dimension at Duel Academy, the Chancellor is talking to Yuri]

Chancellor: I heard that you let JP (Fusion) escape. Why was that?

Yuri: He's an old rival of mine. I owed him a favor so I let him go. But the next time I see him, I'll card him.

Chancellor: No. You will not. You two are my Generals of Duel Academy. He is your rival right? What's the point of having a rival if he's gone?

Yuri: What do you want me to do?

Chancellor: Help Barrett track down Celina and Zuzu and bring them to me. Then if you find JP (Fusion), give him an ultimatum. If he returns to our service, we will not harm Celina.

Yuri: He already knows the plan so what good will that do?

Chancellor: We implanted a parasite in his brain. All it has to do is be switched on. He will fuse with the other JP counterparts and become powerful to defeat Zarc if he ever returns. Then we will control the Fusion JP who has the parasite and whenever we need him to be a destroying machine, he will be. Having Celina unharmed is his reward.

Yuri: I see but why would you do that to your favorite student?

Chancellor: Because he isn't who he says he is. Now go.

[Yuri walks away]

Yuri: Don't worry dear, rival. We will unite again and become unstoppable. Then we can overthrow the Chancellor and then we'll be giving the orders. I already know that I can't beat you so you know the saying: if you can't beat them, join them.

[Back in the Synchro Dimension, Zuzu just lost her duel and was blasted out of the arena. This made JP (Original) livid. He wasn't able to show his anger long because he had another duel which he won. Roget walked over to JP (Original) after the duel]

Roget: That was very impressive, JP (Original). Or should I say the Four Dimension Duelist?

JP (Original): What do you want? You hurt Zuzu. You should be lucky that I'm even acknowledging you.

Roget: I know what you want. You want to make up for the mistake that you made years ago. I can help with that. I want you to find Zuzu for me and then bring her back to me. If you feel like double crossing me, then I will harm the three other girls that you love the most.

JP (Original): Fine. You give me no choice.

[JP (Original) was allowed to leave the city to find Zuzu. He meets Sora first]

JP (Original): What do you want, Sora? I don't have time for you.

Sora: You're looking for Zuzu right? Well so am I!

JP (Original): As if I would let you. You're from Duel Academy

Sora: I'm not working with them anymore. Duel Academy taught me to follow orders and not question them. I'm starting to question them. You must know that Duel Academy is on its way as well as Yuri. He was the other most trusted student besides Fusion JP. What Fusion JP doesn't know is that there is a parasite in his brain as well. All the chancellor has to do is activate it and Fusion will become an unstoppable machine.

JP (Original): I can stop him. I have before.

Sora: You could probably beat him in a duel but he won't duel you. He would card you as soon as he found you. He was controlled when he attacked Heartland and captured Rin and Lulu. He was a cold blooded killer. He didn't duel anyone. He just carded them without giving them a chance to defend themselves.

JP (Original): I have to warn him.

Sora: Even if you did, he wouldn't believe you.

[Suddenly JP (Original) gets captured. He tells Sora to escape and take care of Zuzu. JP (Original) is taken away. Sora is able to get away]