strange unknown places.

So, basically, it went like this:

I woke up to a normal day, in my normal life, in my normal house, in my particularly comfy bed.

I know what you're thinking...

wHat.

You literally just woke up!

That is so uNinTerEstiNg.

But you're right.

It's called MY LIFE.

And it happens to be very uninteresting.

Sometimes I sleep.

I eat too much.

I look pretty fab.

And my hair is having a major crisis, but we don't talk about that.

Now, I did not expect what happened today to happen today.

Wait... is that mixing up past and present tense?

I don't know.

Anyway, it all started when I was getting dressed and an owl was watching me from the lamppost outside my window.

The bird was speckled with rain and seemed to glow all sorts of colours, like navy blue and green and smudges of red.

Remember the bird it's important! But shh... 

I had to go to school after that which is dead boring but anyway.

I snuck up on my friend Kathrine and she dropped her phone in the mud.

I laughed.

But that wasn't the unexpected thing that happened today.

I was thinking about Death Note on the bus to school, and wondering what Light would do if I hugged him.

Not that I like Light that much...

On the way home, it was raining torrentially.

And something inside me felt strange like my stomach had forgotten to digest that ice-cream I had for lunch, and it was still icy cold.

Then all of a sudden the strangest thing happened. It happened with a flash and a boom like lightning had struck right in front of me.

And towering over me was a creature taller than a minibus, darker than the darkest colours of blue, and with feathers like a crow.

So, basically, that's what happened. And now I think I'm about to get eaten which is just the most strangest, most incredible thing...

I have never been in a situation like this before it could be comedy if I wasn't peeing my pants. 

"Holy shit!" I try to run but I haven't exercised in like twelve months. 

I'm yanked into the air by a feathery hand with prickly claws and dangle half a metre above the pavement.

I pray to the lord.

This is the end...

The creature turns me ever so slowly to face its maroon saucer-eyes. Smooth feathers cover its owl-like face, and its lips are nothing but a row of perfectly jagged shark teeth.

"I don't taste nice!" I cry, kicking its feathery body.

It scrutinises me for a moment with a small frown.

I remember screaming like three times maybe four.

The creature takes off into the air with a big swoosh and we disappear in a clap of lightning.