Shocked and horrified.

There is complete silence in the small room, everyone with their mouths glued shut with some invisible force called SHOCK HORROR.

Suddenly I decide to break the magical force. "Listen, everyone, you probably have nothing to worry about, the faster we do whatever it takes to find out, that faster they might be cleared of suspicion. We all trust L, don't we? He'll come to the correct answer in the end, but for now we have to focus on eliminating and finding suspects."

Yagami nods slowly. "It's a horrible thought that someone in my family could be Kira, but I will do whatever it takes to find out the truth."

"Don't worry, we won't let you get in the way of the investigation," Near drawls, finding a seat on my lap.

The chief looks stunned, but nods slowly. "No I understand... maybe I shouldn't contin-"

"No," I interrupt. "We need you here, and we'll all make sure that this investigation isn't hindered by your personal feelings. Anyway, there's still a 4% chance Shoko is wrong!" I say the last part way too cheerfully.

Only L offers me a slight smile.

WOw, GuYs, i tHOughT I wAs YoUR fRIEnd...

*cry*

Watari speaks suddenly, "Well then, I bought those items you requested." He holds out a small silver case next to L.

"Could you please pass them out to everyone?"

Watari opens the case, inside there are several badges, along with some belts for us all. "Gentlemen, these are your new police IDs," he explains.

"Huh?" The five men 'HUH' in confusion.

"Buuuuut... what for?" Aizawa asks, glancing at the shiny badges.

Watari just ignores him and passed them out.

"Our names and ranks are false..." Yagami observes, staring at the ID.

"Why did you give us fake ID's?" Matsuda asks curiously.

Mello decides to reply, "Kira needs a name and a face to kill you, so if you're taking to a stranger just give them the fake name," he explains simply.

A few of the men look a little put out at being lectured by a fourteen-year-old.

L takes sip of tea. "Yes, it's as Micheal says, we will confront Kira with that premise in mind, and I think it should be obvious why..." he finishes almost exasperatedly.

"Yes, but...of all people the police shouldn't use fake ID's!" Ukita comments, displeased by this.

"Enough," Yagami silences the men. "What choice do we have given the capabilities of... our enemy, as long as we're working on this case I think we'll need all the protection one can get. It would be foolish not to use them." he concludes wearily.

He still can't get over the fact that his family is suspected; he hesitated in that sentence.

NO CHANGING THE SCRIPT YAGAMI, THAT'S MY JOB!

BAD YAGAMI!

Matsuda agrees. "Yeah, you got a good point," he says sounding slightly exhausted.

"Uh-huh." Aizawa decides to also say for whatever reason he feels 'uh-huh' is necessary in the conversation I DON'T KNOW but whatever we'll let him have his moment ask say 'uh-huh'.

"Please remember what Micheal said about giving this name to strangers, if you are ever in such a situation."

"Uh-huh" They all understand.