Mango is feeling very emotional.

Ugh...

I'm so bored.

"Micheal, if you continue to deprive me of playthings I will steal all of your chocolate," Near hisses, rummaging through several boxes in search of some dice.

Mello chuckles darkly, leaning against the wall as he takes a massive bite of his chocolate bar. "You wouldn't dare..." he sneers.

"I am exasperated with you," Near states simply, standing face to face with his rival, a dark aura masking his playful childlike demeanour.

"Think I care?" Mello leans right over until their noses are almost touching.

Both of them look like they want to kill each other.

"No bullying each other, only friendly behaviour!" I shout while sitting upside-down on the sofa.

I'm not sure how I ended up upside-down, but it's much more interesting somehow...

L stares at me for a bit before taking a piece of watermelon and examining it.

"WATERMELONE!!!" I scream and make a grab for the delicious fruit in L's fingertips.

Suddenly Watari walks in and declares that there is something going on on Sakura TV.

"Huh?" L and I say in unison from an awkward position on the armchair due to my attempt to steal his watermelone.

"Oh, right, please put it on then," L requests. "Everyone! We have a development!"

Matsuda is the first to wake up. "Huh? Did you wake us up to watch TV? Seriously Ryuaki..." he complains groggily, rubbing his eyes like an infant.

Yeah, we all basically fell asleep in the living room.

"In other words, all the reporters and staff here are Kira's hostages, aside from that we have a professional obligation to share this message with you."

Mello glances at the TV - his fist clenched around the collar of Near's shirt. He rolls his eyes and takes a MONSTROUS bite of chocolate.

"I assure you that this is not a hoax and Sakura TV is not airing this tape for the purposes of sensationalism."

"Four days ago our director here at Sakura received four tapes, and after thorough examination there can be no doubt that they are from Kira himself."

"The first tape we received contend a prediction regarding the time of death of two suspected criminals who'd recently been arrested."

What dumb music!

It makes it sound like some kids cartoon about aliens.

"And at the exact time Kira had specified, both men died suddenly of heart attacks yesterday."

"Well this doesn't look good," Near comments plainly, before pouncing on Mello and searching him for all the missing toys and dice.

"AHHHH GET OFF! SOMEONE HELP!" Mello squeals, wriggling around the floor as he desperately tries to kick the smaller boy off him.

"Kira has instructed us to air the second tape today, at exactly five fifty-nine pm, and we do intend to comply with his demands. This tape should offer proof of his powers by predicting yet another death. Beyond that, we understand that it contains a message to all the people of the world from Kira."

A series of gasps travel around the room.

ooOoOoooh how dreadful!

"This has to be another fake, don't you think?" Ukita glances around nervously.