Personal space.

"A second Kira?!" Yagami gasps, along with literally everyone else in the room.

My gasp is the best:

"GAAAAASSSSSSPPPP!!!!!"

Aizawa leans over the table. "I don't understand," he says plainly. "Why do you think there's a copycat?" he asks us both.

L decides to explain his theory. "I looked at the victims he used for his predictions on tape number one, their purpose was to prove to Sakura TV that he is Kira," L explains. "Both their names were only reported in tabloids and day-time talk shows, so they weren't exactly hardened criminals. The real Kira has no need to prove himself using such insignificant criminals but from the perspective of the second Kira..."

He pauses as he eats the strawberry he's been mashing with his fork.

"He'd wanna make absolutely certain that he didn't predict the death of a real criminal that could be killed by the real Kira fist," he tells us, his voice muffled by his food.

"Ryuzaki," Yagami begins, "if you had to put a number on it whats the probability of a second Kira?"

L considers it for a moment as he placed his fork on the plate with a clink. "This time I'd say it's more than 70%," he decides, receiving several more gasps from all of the task force.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSP!!!!!"

I inhale so much that my face turns blue and I flOp onto the floor like a banana peel.

"Freya, would you please stop being so dramatic?" L whines, rolling his eyes at my sprawled out heap on the floor.

"S-sure!" I wheeze. "Sorry, it's just... can we get to the point?" I ask with a little boredom.

L stares at me for a moment. "Why don't you tell them? Seeing as you're so eager..." he mutters the last part under his breath.

I jump up onto the sofa with newfound energy. "Ok, Mr Imagay... I MEAN YAGAMI!" I apologise, earning several groans and stifled laughter from Matsuda.

"Ok so..." I begin, taking a seat on the cushions, "Can we get Light on the task force?"

"What?" Aizawa exclaims. "Didn't you literally just say like one minute ago that there was a 99.9999999999% chance that he is Kira?" He glares at me for coming up with that incomprehensible number.

"Shush..." I shush. " It's cause he's smart and we can OBSERVE him," I explain.

L nods. "Yes, even if he is Kira it would be beneficial to work alongside him... as long as we don't die," he says matter-of-factly.

So it is decided!

Somehow.

If we just arrest Light, we risk him being let off.

We need proof, and for that L decides that we should catch the second Kira to get insight on the original.

It's a good plan.

【L】

"Thank you, Light," L says in monotone as he and Light awkwardly shake hands.

L shakes hands with Kira.

Haha...

Why does no one else ever point out how funny this is?

"Not at all," Light replies positively. "After all, I wanna catch Kira as much as you do, Ryuga."

I think Light has a slightly unfair advantage when it comes to catching Kira.

"I'll have to ask that you call me Ryuzaki here," L tells Light as he reaches out for my hand to shake.