84.7% clueless.

Naomi and I are inhaling some cereal for breakfast.

She's been staring at L - who's in the other room on his armchair - for quite a while now, with a very calculating and thoughtful expression.

"Freya, what's going on with you and Ryuzaki?" she asks me all of a sudden, turning her narrowed eyes to meet mine.

"Nothing!" I choke on some milk.

She folds her arms. "It's just you've both been acting strangely the past few days, are you..." she trails off, before whispering, "you know... a couple?"

"Huh! What? No! No. No, we're not. Definitely not. HAAHAH..."

Her face softens. "You're a really bad lier."

Only when I'm flustered...

I suppose I can tell Naomi, she is my best friend after all...

"I don't know what's going on with us, to be honest..." I tell her, resting my forehead on the table.

"Sorry for being so curious, I just noticed that when you're together you look a mixture of wanting to kiss each other and hide under a table," Naomi explains with a light chuckle.

I turn a little red and sit back up. "It's funny you noticed that."

Naomi clears up the empty bowls. "Well, do you want to talk about it?" she asks.

I shrug. "Yeah, ok..." I decide. "I'm a little overwhelmed by all this, to be honest."

"Oh?"

"L's... very eccentric," I say, "I don't know what he's thinking, how he feels, what he wants!" I groan. "It's hopeless!"

"Don't be silly," says Naomi, "he totally likes you."

"Really?" I perk up hopefully.

"Yeah, definitely," she assures me, "but you can tell he's very awkward about it."

Hmm...

Naomi's very good at reading people, it's no wonder she was such a good FBI agent.

"Well, I'm 84.7% clueless," I say in monotone, my hope decreasing like Near's chance of stealing Mello's chocolate.

Naomi chuckles again. "Don't be so hard on yourself!" she tells me. "It'll work out."

That'd be nice...

【L】

"HEY, L?" I make him jump and splash his tea in fright.

L takes a moment to recover.

"You better win that tennis match!" I say in a moderately threatening tone.

The detective starts to shovel sugar into his half spilt tea. "Oh, right. I'll try my best!" he promises.

Then goes back to staring blankly ahead.

"L, are you ok?" I ask, feeling quite concerned. "You seem very distant."

L blinks back to reality. "Hm?"

I frown and sit on the arm of his chair. "You're acting dodgy," I say with a frown.

"No... it's nothing," he says blandly.

THAT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

"Tell me!" I demand, folding my arms.

L sips his tea, ignoring me.

I tickle his feet.

"AHHH, STOP IT! I'LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING!" L kicks at me and tumbles of the armchair to escape.