life gets 99.9% better.

"Who are you?" 

I peel open my eyes and am blinded by a desk lamp. 

"I'm Lola. I just made a deal with a shinigami and... uhh, I'm here now...?"

The voice is lost in puzzled silence.

I feel my eyelids becoming heavy.

The key still feels scorching against my skin.

I can tell that the owner of the voice is reaching out to touch it, when they do, I feel it as if they were touching my own skin.

My key.

Go away!

But unfortunately, I succumb to the dizziness and strain of whatever strange teleportation brought me here and lose consciousness.

In my dream, I meet Damian again.

"Hey, Dami! You never told me I'd be all dizzy and faint, this is betrayal!"

"It's only natural, you're only a human. You're still just that, even with the Key. It'll do you well not to forget it, Lola."

I frown, and he seems to dive into the air, carried gently by the breeze... as light as a feather.

"Meany!" 

Damian cackles, "It's called advice, we're friends now, aren't we?" until his voice is carried into nothingness.

I wake with a start, my head still thumping.

A groan of discomfort escapes my lips.

"Is she awake?"

"It would appear so."

There's a pause.

"I've never dealt with anything like this before... maybe it would have been safer to have her confined..." What I recognise as the original voice, seems thoughtful.

"AH NO DON'T CONFINE MEEeE!!!" I jump up screaming.

It's suddenly silent. I strain my ears as two sets of footsteps approach before a small creak suggests... a sofa? An armchair? I can't be sure.

"First of all, I'd like to know who you are, and where exactly you came from.

"Secondly, there's a 'key' around your neck that isn't coming off. And when you first appeared, was scorching hot. What is it?

"And thirdly, you mentioned shinigami."

L frowns slightly at my apparent incapability to process those three questions.

My eyeballs are popping out of my head as I ogle at him in absolute adoration.

L makes an annoyed pouty face. "Are you not going to cooperate?"

I blink suddenly.

WAIT WAIT WAIT ONE MINUTE.

What am I doing again...?

Uhhhh...

"Hold up, I'm really hungry right now."

L interrupts my severe mental failure. "Please answer the questions."

I roll my eyes. "That's so boring..."

He makes an even more irritated face than before.

Ohhh...

BeTtEr Do WhAt He SaYs.

"I'll cooperate if you feed me," I propose. 

He meets my eyes.