FOUR

"Tom and I have chemistry, right?"

That question had been burned into Kat's mind since the chemistry read.

She tried really hard not to think too much into it but she couldn't help it.

For the first time ever, she had worries about their relationship.

"What?" Katherine laughed, caught off guard, "What are you on about?"

Kat continued to watch Tom laugh with a friend of his, while Katherine continued to look at her confused.

"What's going through your mind, bubs?"

"At the table read I heard some girls talk about us and how we didn't have as much chemistry as he did with some other girl."

"Oh that is complete bullshit," Katherine laughed, "You two have so much chemistry the paparazzi were freaking out trying to get a picture of you two together."

"They only want pictures of us-"

"Because that's what fans want to see," Katherine cut her off, "Because you two are so damn cute together. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise."

Kat only nodded when Laura returned to the table, "Okay. Dacre is seriously hot. Thank you for putting in a good word for me, Kat."

"Of course," she giggled, "It's only fair you be his date. You two have so much in common."

"Like what? Having douchebag exes?"

"Exactly!" Laura smiled as she took her seat again, "So what are we talking about? How awesome your movie was?"

"I wish," Katherine huffed, "That conversation would've made a lot more sense."

"Okay, so I loved how they got Trini a badass super hot girlfriend but I kinda wish Kimberly would've just been with her instead of Jason. Trimberly is the fucking bomb."

"Maybe Kimberly just had more chemistry with Jason. It made more sense. Even though Trini clearly liked her, but whatever. Chemistry is everything, right?"

Laura looked at Katherine confused, "Did you give her too much to drink?"

"Not enough, apparently," Katherine mumbled, pushing over Laura's glass that Kat immediately drank.

"Okay, well Katherine is going to fill me in on whatever is going on here while we go get more drinks."

"Why are we- oh."

Seeing them hurry off, Kat immediately knew what that meant.

And surely enough, Tom's familiar scent appeared from behind her, his lips on her neck.