CINCO

Two twelve year olds

One ten year old.

Two seven year olds.

The Holland household was basically filled and always busy.

Still, Tom was sure he would be able to handle the kids alone while Kat left to film a movie that she had been really passionate about- and even got the chance to be a producer on the project herself.

It was going well for the most part- despite the kids missing their mom terribly.

Tom thought for sure that he had managed to get through the entire trip without needing to call her once, although he should've known better than to let his guard down, even if it was already the week she finally did return.

"When does mum come home again?"

"This Friday- remember we all have to be there to pick her up. I expect signs from each of you."

"Why? So the paparazzi can catch us and take pictures and we'll be embarrassed in school?"

"Oh stop caring so much about your image, Rory. You're about to leave that school anyway," Mateo brushed her off, "That being said, my sign is going to annihilate all of yours."

Tom chuckled as he shook his head, "Nice touch including a photo of you and your mum."

"Yeah, it's our favorite picture of us together."

"You are so a momma's boy."

"What's bad about that?"

"Absolutely nothing," Tom smiled, "Now, you four hurry up with your breakfast and get in the car- and actually, where is your other half Mateo?"

"Not a clue. I tried waking her up this morning but her door was locked."

"Huh... that's not normal for her. I'm gonna go check on her- don't you dare feed your breakfast to the dog!"

"We wouldn't do that to our poor helpless baby," Mateo joked.

Tom made his way upstairs though, frowning when he realized Theo's bedroom door was, in fact, locked.

"Theo? Honey? Everything okay?"

"Ye-yeah dad."

"Okay, well, are you almost ready for school?"

"I'm not going."

"What? Why?"

"I just- I don't feel good."

"Oh... well, do you want me to take you to the doctor?"

"No."

"Maybe I can call your grandmother-"

"No."

"Well, what can I do, love?"

"You can get mum back home. I want mum- no one else."