Earth Skills

The world is a blur around me. Against all my instincts to stay and fight, I run as fast my legs can take me through the dense woods, and I have to remind myself to keep breathing. I don't realize everyone else has stopped, until I can no longer hear the others around me. I bring my legs to a halt, and I look around myself, assessing my surrounding. I stand still, trying to listen for any signs of Octavia or the others.

"Shit." I groan when I don't hear anything. They can't have gone far, and you can practically hear them from a mile away. My mind reasons with me as I begin to walk, gun in hand, back the way I came. A loud scream fills the air and I feel my heart in my throat.

"Jasper." I breathe, and I begin to start out in a dead sprint, towards the chilling sound, when something  crashes into me, sending me towards the ground. 

I let out a loud 'oomph' as the weight of a person holding me down leans over me. I tense up, my body registering the weight holding me down. 

"Sky scum." the voice of a man fills my ear and before I have the time to think about who it is, I fling my body around, earning me a spot over him. I don't process the man's appearance as I rip the knife from his scared hands and hold it over his throat. 

"That wasn't very nice." I sneer and I'm about to slice him in the side when he brings up his other hand and punches me in the face. I fling back, and he scrambles to his feet. I spit out the blood filling in my mouth and I grin widely, showing off my bloody teeth. 

"Good, I was looking for a good fight anyways." I give him a deadly smile and watch amused as he comes at me, and I easily turn to the side and wrench his hands behind his back, holding the knife once again to his throat. 

"This is for Jasper." I growl, sliding the knife into his side, his blood drenching my hands when I pull it out. 

"And this is for calling me scum." I ease the knife across his throat, and watch as his blood soaks my hands before dropping him to the ground, breathing hard. I wipe my hands on my already stained red shirt, and lean down to pick up my gun when I hear footsteps crashing through the forest, I quickly grab my gun and aim it towards the sound. 

"Kat?" Clarkes voice echoes through the forest and I lower the gun as her and the rest of the group appear in my vision. Upon seeing the scene behind me, her face visibly pales and she runs forward.

"What the hell happened?" she demands and Octavia runs to my side, her eyes wide as she looks me up and down. I can only imagine how I look to her right now, the man's blood coating me like a second skin. 

"Are you hurt? Your covered in blood!" She grips my arms tightly, looking around for any kind of wound I might have. I shrug out of her hold, gesturing towards the dead body on the ground. 

"Not mine." Clarke leans down and flips the man over, revealing the long slash across his neck, and his bloodied body. Now that I'm not fighting for my life, I get a closer look at him.

He's covered in leathers and skins made from what I hope is animal. He has dark skin, and a large tattoo that covers the entirety of his face. He has scars running up and down his face and arms, as well as the small amount of skin I can see on his legs. Upon looking him over, it doesn't look like he was carrying any other weapons than the knife. I bet he wasn't expecting me to fight back. What a douche. I put my gun back in the waistband of my jeans, and Octavia eyes it cautiously.

"Why didn't you just shoot him?" she asks and I look back over at the body that Clarke and Finn were crouched over. 

"He wasn't worth the bullets." I shrug and she bites her lip. I sigh, and fidget under everyone's obviously judgmental looks they were throwing my way. Surprisingly, Clarke doesn't say anything when she stands up and from the body, a grim look on her face. But she casts me a look that screams everything she could possibly be saying in that moment.