The Gospel of Josephine

"Yesterday she told me her favorite flowers were Calla Lilies." Jordan murmurs quietly, and I have to stop myself from laughing. 

Ever since naming day, it's like Delilah was a whole new person-someone who obviously didn't see Jordan as someone worth her time. It's a sad story, but I've seen what power can do to people, what it can change in them. 

"Calla Lilies are nice." Murphy muses, smiling. Me and him share a look of mock seriousness before we both break out laughing, making Jordan roll his eyes in exasperation. 

Bellamy elbows me in the side to make me stop, and I elbow him back. "I'm serious. Something happened in that reliquary. It's like she doesn't even know me." He argues, and I let Bellamy take the lead. 

"Just play it cool. She'll come around." He offers. 

"Yeah, that and maybe don't get flowers for a one night stand." I cough loudly when I hear the words, trying to stifle another laugh. 

Jordan's face instantly hardens as he scowls into his cup, and I elbow Murphy hard in the ribs, making him nearly jump out of his chair. "Hey, I'm sure she's just adjusting. Not many people go from a regular bar maid to practically a princess in one night. Just give her space." I reassure him, but the smile he gives me doesn't reach his eyes. 

I watch as Clarke walks into the pub, and I raise a hand for her to come over. "Since when are you and Clarke on good terms?" Murphy observes from beside me. 

I shrug my shoulders, looking across the room at Roan-who is hanging around one of the girls from the party last night. "Since I decided to stop being an angry bitch all the time." I remark, earning a low laugh from Bellamy.

"Took you long enough." Murphy mumbles, and I punch him again as Bellamy gets up to walk over towards Clarke. 

I can't hear what they're talking about, but whatever it's about, Gaia doesn't seem happy about it.  The second that Clarke and Madi leave, she stalks towards her bag, quickly stuffing it closed. I move forward from my table, placing a hand on her wrist. 

"Gaia.." I say carefully, and she whirls around to face me, the bag swinging around her shoulder. "Slow down, Madi is going to be fine." I reason, and she shrugs out of my hold. 

"Fine? They gave Madi a bodyguard for being a Nighblood, and she just sends Madi to school?" I purse my lips tightly, and shake my head. 

I've had the same talk with Bellamy considering Roan, but he seems to know that showing the color of his blood could royally bite us all in the ass, so he's been keeping it quiet so far. "And what are you going to do? Stand around and watch her all day? She's smart-she'll be careful." 

Before Gaia can answer, Dahlia's mother walks up next to us, a tray of glazed pasties laying in her hands. "Can I get you guys anything else?" She asks, holding up the tray. 

I begin to shake my head, when I notice Jordan standing up from the table, taking a few tentative steps towards us. "Ma'am, can I ask you something?" He questions, and I internally groan as she turns to face him. 

"Only if you call me B.A" She answers, and Jordan takes another step forward. 

"What happened to Delilah last night?"

"Our little girl became one with the primes. You were there. What's wrong?" The words are still a mystery to me-and I wonder what they mean for the umpteenth time. 

We've all assumed that it's some kind of harmless ritual, where they take in someone with Nightblood and turn them into some kind of leader-but the details are still fuzzy. "Ah, nothing's wrong." Bellamy interjects, shooting Jordan a warning look that he ignores.