The Old Man and the Anomaly

"I have news." Bellamy walks loudly into the room-and I jump, my shirt barely covering my body as he waltzes inside. I finish pulling the soft fabric over my head before turning to face him, taking note of the hope and excitement in his eyes. 

"Good or bad?" I question, leaning down to lace up my boots. Ever since the announcement of Clarke's death I've tried to stay on the sidelines-the anger in my veins rising every time a prime enters my vision. 

Clarke's death had taken it's toll on everyone-and to top it all off we had to deal with her body snatcher strolling around the town without a care in the world. It took both Bellamy three hours to convince me not to rip the chip from her neck and break it in half-and then three more to stop me from just straight up cutting off her head. 

"Clarke-she's alive." The words are said fast, and it takes me a few minutes to fully comprehend them in their entirety. I crease my brows in confusion, a flare of hope daring to light itself in my chest. 

"I-how?" I ask, and his smile widens, holding up a piece of paper that was clenched in his hands. I recognize the dots and lines easily-remembering the hours we had spent learning how to understand them under Pike's teaching. 

The Morse Code spells out the word 'alive' and I look up at Bellamy for a further explanation. "I was talking to Russel this morning, and Cla-Josephine was there. She was tapping her finger against her arm. Tapping out this." He shoves the paper in my face again, and I swallow, not wanting to trust that this could be real-that she wasn't really gone. 

"Bell, we should tell the others. Madi needs to know that... that Clarke's still there." The girl hasn't been the same since that day-and I could sense as much as see the dark edge in her eyes as she walked through the pub. Gaia hasn't been seen since that day either. 

He nods his head in agreement, but before he could walk out, I reach forward, grabbing ahold of his arm. "It's Clarke-she'll be ok." I reassure him, and he offers me a small smile before planting a soft kiss on my forehead. 

I loop my arm around his as we descend the stairs, my eyes quickly observing the pub. I spot the regular group seated at one of the tables, and I walk side by side with Bellamy as we both take our seats. Bellamy slides the piece of paper into the middle of the table, and everyone's eyes fall on the one word written on the side. 'Alive.'

"Clarke gave us a message. She's alive in there." Bellamy quickly goes through the events of this morning, and I watch as everyone's faces lift at the prospect of Clarke not being gone-not yet. 

"Thank god she's still in there. It would've destroyed Abby." Jackson murmurs, taking the paper into his hands as he glances at the word. 

"Question is, how do we get Josephine out?" Bellamy continues, and I smile innocently. 

"I'll gladly rip that little chip of hers out of her head-and then shove it down her father's throat." I answer sweetly, earning me a glare from Echo and a small smile from Madi. The smile concerns me, but I shrug it off-knowing that losing Clarke was the final stitch for her, and she would need time to get better. 

Echo leans further onto the table, a pensive look on her face. "We need Raven. She'll know what to do." She points out, completely ignoring my comment. Madi clenches her jaw tightly, looking down at the table. 

"Raven's not here." She bites our bitterly, and I watch as Bellamy places a soft hand on the small of the girl's back, his brown eyes softening as he looks at her. 

"Hey, we're gonna get her back." He reassures her. "When the transport ship lands, we'll be waiting in the field with Josephine. Once we're all back on the mothership, Abby, Raven and Jackson will go to work." The plan itself sounds straightforward and doable, but I've learned to always prepare for the worst, especially when it comes to our luck.