Chapter Eleven

One thing I knew for certain. I won't be taking ecstasy or anything like it ever again.

It took me days to feel better after that night at the club. Everything hurt from dancing so much and I was exhausted. One night of feeling on top of the world was not worth the killer hangover I had to deal with after. I have no clue what I was thinking. It's exactly why I barely drink and never do this sort of thing. Once was enough for me.

I of course had fun while I was on it. There's no denying that. The dancing, the euphoria, and all the wonderful sensations I felt. It was amazing. And I did things I would never normally do.

Even now I blush, thinking about what Marshall and I said that night.

He continues, "When you're high like this, some self-love is incredible."

"What do you mean?" I ask him, genuinely confused.

"Touch yourself, baby." he says. I suddenly realize exactly what he means, my body heating up at his words. "And think of me, a'ight?" I'm left speechless for the first time tonight as he adds, "God knows I'll be thinking of you too later."

I finally find my voice, boldly asking, "Why later? Why not now? We can do it together."

Marshall groans, "I want to. I really fuckin' do, but-"

"Then stay on the phone with me." I plead, my voice getting low and sultry, "Talk to me. I wanna hear your voice."

There's a pause and all I can hear is the soft sound of him breathing.

"You like my voice?" he asks.

"Yeah I do. I wanted to hear your voice all night. It was all I could think about....do you think about me?" 

"I think about you all the damn time, baby." he says, his voice soft, "Your cute laugh. Your beautiful smile. Your sexy body...And I was thinkin' 'bout the other night, at the studio...was wishin' we didn't stop." 

"I wish we didn't either." I confess, sighing, "I wanted you. I still do.

My whole body is tingling, my heart racing. 

"I-," I hear muffled voices again as someone talks to Marshall and then him yell, "Fuck! I'm comin'!"

"Already?" I giggle, "What happened to the foreplay? We've barely started."

"These motherfuckers can't leave me be for five fuckin' seconds." he huffs. I hear a loud noise, like he's thrown something, then Marshall takes a deep breath, "Sorry, I really gotta go. Can we pick this back up another time?"

"Promise?" 

"I promise, baby. I'll talk to ya soon."

The line clicks and he's gone.

I let the phone fall onto the bed next to me and slowly bring my hand down my body, images of Marshall and I in the studio playing in my mind, this time with a much different ending.

The ecstasy definitely made me braver, bolder. It loosened me up and I felt comfortable enough to have that conversation with Marshall.

And he was right. It was incredible. 

<><><><><><><>

When Christmas comes, Angie and I celebrated. Sort of. 

The house wasn't adorned with holiday decorations. There was no tree or fireplace with stockings. We didn't play Christmas music or bake cookies. But the house was still filled with love as I spent the holiday with the person I consider a sister. And really, that's all that matters.