Chapter Twenty-Eight

Marshall rests on top of me- a pleasant weight- as he kisses my neck. My hands rub his back slowly, both of us naked and sated once more after our last round of lovemaking. 

I don't know how long we've been like this. Minutes. Hours. It's like time stops when we're together. Or at least it stops mattering. I do know we haven't left my penthouse for two days, and by the looks of the sun streaming through my bedroom window it must be Saturday afternoon.

After what happened at the club we went straight to my place- separately so not to attract paparazzi's attention. I hated the few minutes apart but it's worth not having anything disrupt us.

And in these two days we've spent our time fooling around every way we can- making up for so much lost time. Really exploring each other and what we like...and how we like it. In bed. The couch. The floor. The balcony. The shower. It was getting to a point that we were jokingly making a list of all the places in the apartment that we want to have sex next. Which was just everywhere.

When we weren't doing it, we were enjoying each other's company. Making grilled cheese sandwiches at dawn. Laughing and being silly together. Listening to music. And we slept, so comfortable in bed and exhausted from our strenuous activities. I've realized I sleep best wrapped in his arms.

And we also talked, about everything. We've caught up on our lives and what we've missed since we've been apart. And we opened up about the things that went wrong between us over the years. Every misunderstanding and wrongdoing- brought up and discussed. Apologized. Forgiven.

And we made an agreement. No more assuming. No more ignoring each other when we're upset. If we have a problem we solve it- right there and then, even if it means causing a scene in front of a thousand people. We're not making the same mistakes again and again. We're going to do our best to be honest and communicate with one another this time. 

I know we'll have to work on it. It's not something we can fix overnight. We both have trust issues and insecurities- but what we feel for each other outweighs it all. So I'm not worried. Or I'll try not to be.

"You smell so good." he says softly, his face still in the crook of my neck as he breaths me in. I hum in response. "I'mma write a song 'bout how good you smell."

I giggle, "Just that?"

"Nah," He says and I can hear the smile in his voice, "I can think of a thousand things. Like how cute your laugh is. Or how much I love fuckin' you- that'd be a hit for sure." 

"Oh definitely." I smile.

As much as I don't want to, I need to get up. So I tap Marshall on the back and he rolls off of me onto his side. I give him a quick kiss on the lips before I slip out of bed then I pick up Marshall's shirt from the floor, putting it on. It's huge on me, but comfortable. This is the most I've been wearing since we've been here. My dress from the VMAs is discarded and forgotten somewhere by the entryway, and both of us haven't found much use for clothes right now. 

After a quick trip to the bathroom, I go to the kitchen, and Marshall joins me a few moments later- neither of us wanting to be apart long. At least I know he's as clingy as me, and likes that I am too.

Sitting on the counter, I eat straight from a pint of my favorite ice cream while Marshall is by the fridge chugging a glass of water. Both of us needing to replenish our energy a bit after burning so much off. 

I admire Marshall while he's not looking. His muscles and tattoos on display and how his sweatpants hang low at his waist. He's so sexy. I'm practically drooling, already wanting him again- the ice cream doing very little to cool me down.