Chapter Forty-Four

September, 2001

I'm stirred awake by soft kisses against my temple. When I open my eyes I see Marshall sitting on the bed, leaning over me, fully dressed.

"Mornin' beautiful." he says softly.

"Morning." I yawn. I notice the shades are still drawn, the room dark, so I ask, "What time is it?"

"'Lil after three." he tells me, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Three AM? That's not the morning babe, that's the middle of the night." I whine, still exhausted. He must have just got in, but I only went to sleep two hours ago myself. 

Last night was my first concert of tour, here in Detroit. It was so much fun and turned out amazing. Marshall watched as any supportive boyfriend would and even came on my stage to perform 'Stan' for the crowd with me. Though it was planned for months, I told him he didn't have to because he's filming his new movie- he's been working crazy long hours, mostly nights, and even left right after to shoot some night scenes- but he still wanted to. And I was glad, because I still wanted him to too. I loved having him there and performing with him. And the fans loved it too, it really turned into an Eminem concert the way he took over my stage and captured their attention. It's just the beginning of all the surprises I have planned for my fans on tour.

But the second my concert was done, he went straight back to set for another night shoot. I don't remember the last time I saw him get any sleep. 

I reach out to him, absentmindedly dragging my fingers up and down his forearm, "Come to bed."

He shakes his head, "I'm too wired to sleep baby. I think I'mma work in the studio a bit or somethin'."

He's been like this for a while. Up all night to shoot, then when he's home insomnia takes over. He's stressed about spending enough time with his family, doing a good job on the movie, writing songs for the soundtrack and rap battles.

"I didn't say we had to sleep." I tell him suggestively, moving my hand to his waistband to encourage him to come closer. Marshall doesn't hesitate, bringing his lips to meet mine. I hear his shoes fall to the floor as he kicks them off, climbing into bed further onto of me.

Our mouths move in sync, tongues exploring and tasting. His hands push up my tank top to feel the bare skin of my stomach, moving up till he's cupping my breast in his hands. I kiss his nose. Kiss the dimple on his chin that I love so much. His lips move down my neck and to my chest, kissing and licking here and there making me giggle from being ticklish then gasp from pleasure when he bites down.

He sits back, pulling his shirt over his head and throwing it carelessly behind him and we smile at each other as he comes to kiss me some more. 

It's like no matter how many times we do this, it's still as exciting. Still full of heat and passion. I never want that to fade away.

He helps me out of my underwear, hastily bringing them down my legs. My head falls back against the pillow, a moan escaping my lips as he expertly rubs the bundle of nerves between my legs. I swear under my breath, reaching out to grab hold of him as he slips one then two long fingers in me. God, he makes me feel so good. I'm panting and rocking against his touch. It's almost too much as I call out his name desperately, but he encourages me with sweet kisses and a husky, "That's it baby. That's my fuckin' girl." as I reach my peak.

My body is buzzing and I'm out of breath but I need more. I need him.

"Oh God. Marshall." I gasp when he slides into me. I hook my legs around him, pulling him in deeper with each thrust.