Chapter Thirty-Six

After the concert, we went back to Angie's room at the same hotel we're staying at, to have a few drinks and talk. We included Bree too. She's the only other girl on this tour and she's become a great friend.

Angie has filled me in on all I've missed in her life. From her new jobs and travels to the parties she's attended, she tells me everything. Including details on the new guy she's seeing, some professional basketball player.

It's kinda ridiculous that my first thought, after being happy for Angie of course, was how Marshall loves basketball and Angie's new guy can be friends with him and we can go on double dates together and they can be guy friends and-

I'm getting way ahead of myself. She's only gone on two dates anyways. But it's fun to think about.

Half of Angie's hotel room is filled with her luggage.

"How long do you plan on staying?" I joke, as I maneuver around a trunk to sit on the bed.

She shrugs, sipping her glass of wine, "I'm just visiting Mama tomorrow then I'm gone again. Flying to Brazil for a few weeks."

I look over to Bree, who's looking through a pile of shoes excitedly since Angie told her she could take anything she wanted. I know most of the stuff Angie has are items she got from various shoots, free to her- the perks of model life. She probably plans on dropping most of it off at her Mom's before she goes home too. But with it all in one place like this, it looks ridiculous. 

"You won't be home for Thanksgiving then?" I ask, surprised. 

"No. Maybe not Christmas either, I'm suppose to be in Germany then." she says, disappointed. 

"Your Mom must be pissed."

"Why you think I'm giving her all this stuff?" She gestures around us. "She can't disown me if I fill her closet with designer clothes."

"True." I laugh

I understand, more times than not you miss out on important things in your personal life because of the professions we have. It's not that you don't want to be there, it's that you have no choice sometimes. Even while I'm spending time with Marshall on tour I've been on phone calls talking to producers and other artists, answering fan mail, writing lyrics, scheduling interviews and appearances. No matter how grateful you are for this lifestyle, it not easy. And it never stops.

"We ran out of wine." Bree informs as suddenly and we look over to see her holding the empty bottle over her glass, another empty beside her. 

Have the three of us really drank that much already?

"That's it then." Angie declares, "We're going out."

"Out?" I question.

"Yeah, like to a bar." She opens one of her suitcases, rummaging around.

"No, I don't want to." I whine, laying back on the bed. 

"Well I do and you don't have a choice. Remember how you promised to make it up to me for ditching me? Well this is how." 

She's right, but I still try once more, "But we're from here! People will recognize us even more if we go out."

"I planned for that." Says, unfazed as she holds up wigs and hats from her luggage, "There's one for you too Bree, if you want to get down."

"Oh, I call the black wig." She says. Angie holds out the short black bob to her, happy to have someone on board, and Bree instantly goes over to the mirror to try it on.

"And you can have the blonde- to match your boyfriend." She winks, handing me an almost white blonde long haired wig. I take it reluctantly. She places a cowgirl hat onto her head that looks like it'll bring more attention to us than not, and says, "Now get your ass up. You can borrow some of my clothes too."

Once I'm dressed and while Angie finishes changing, I go down the hotel hallway. Not wanting to make the same mistake twice, I want to inform Marshall of where I'm going.

I stop at Proof's door where I know Marshall is having his own boys night with the guys and knock. There's loud music playing and when the door opens smoke spills out and Marshall is standing there in just a pair of sweatpants.

His eyes widen and he whistles at the sight of me. Angie loaned me a black mini dress, with Louboutin's heels. Paired with the wig, I look completely different. Hot, but different. 

"Hey." I smile at him, happy with his reaction. 

"Wow. You look...damn....Is it my birthday?" 

"That was last week." I remind him. And though I wasn't wearing a wig, I did buy sexy lingerie.

Just then, Kuniva and Bizarre come to the door. 

"Woah. Yo, did somebody order a stripper?" Kuniva asks the room, both him and Swifty looking every inch of me over but my face. "Em she your's?"

"Yes I am." I say amused, their eyes instantly meeting my face.

Swifty confused says, "Katie? When did you take up strippin'?"

"Damn. I had a dream like this once." Kuniva adds.

"Get the fuck outta here." Marshall shoves them both back into the room, shaking his head.

"I don't really look like a stripper, do I?" I ask, worried now. That's not the look I'm going for.

"Just a 'lil bit." he jokes, pulling me close to him and kissing my neck till I giggle. "But a classy stripper, you know? Real high end."

"Oh that makes me feel much better." I reply sarcastically.

"You should, it's a compliment." He plays with a strand of my fake blonde hair, "Why are you dressed like this? What's with the wig?"

"It's a disguise."

"For what?"

"We're going out," Angie answers joining us, dressed in a hot pink halter dress. 

"Yeah? Out where?" he questions.

I lean into him with a smile, "I don't think we've figured that part out yet. Somewhere with alcohol. Ang drank all the wine."

"Probably just that nightclub, Karma. That way we can dance too." Angie adds.

Marshall nods, "A'ight well let me change real quick and I'll-"

"Uh-uh. It's girls night. No boys allowed. Sorry Slim." Angie tells him. When he starts to argue, she says, "Come on, you can live without her for a few hours."

He holds me closer, "Not sure if that's true."

I tell Angie to give me a minute, so she gets the elevator as I talk to Marshall.

"Girls night, huh?" He frowns. 

"You're okay with this, right?" I worry.

"Yeah." I don't believe him. He sighs, "You bringin' security, right?"

"They're waiting for us downstairs with Bree." 

"A'ight." he looks me over again, "That's uh...that's some dress."

I smile, looking down, "Angie lent it to me. It's a little tight though."

"A 'lil?" he says, eyeing my cleavage. I'm bigger in the chest and hip area than the average model, so it's very tight in those places.  

I roll my eyes. I hear Angie yell from the open elevators, her hand holding the door open, "Katie come on!

"I gotta go."

I lean in, planning to give him a quick kiss but Marshall pulls me to him, kissing me long and hard. Enough to take my breath away and leave me feeling dizzy. Enough to have me thinking about it for the next couple hours- which I have no doubt is his intention.

"I love you." He tells me.

Something in his voice makes me look at him. He seems off, an anxious energy about him. Angie calls to me again, snapping me out of it. I peck him on the lips once in a rush.

"Love you." Not knowing when I'll be back I add, "Don't wait up."

As the elevator doors slowly close, I can see Marshall watching me from his doorway. I wave to him but he doesn't respond in time as the elevator completely closes.