Chapter Fifteen

~October 23, 1999~

Laying on my side in bed I blink open my eyes slowly, waking from a deep sleep. Yawning, I glance at my surroundings, noting how my bedroom curtains rustle in the air from the wind blowing through the open balcony doors. The early morning sunlight streaming through the glass turns everything in the room a warm golden hue. The soft blankets usually covering my body and keeping me warm are instead by my feet. And despite being floors above the street, I can still hear the sound of the city below-- people yelling, horns blaring and buses hissing.

But none of these things are what wake me. 

What wakes me was an arm, wrapping itself around my waist and the feeling of warm breath against the back of my neck.

I turn my head slightly to see a familiar face close to me, chin resting along my bare shoulder and eyes open looking back at me. 

I sigh in relief. It's only Marshall.

His whole body is spooned up against my back, every inch of him connecting against me. I feel my lips turn up into a smile- an automatic response with him- as I reach my hand back to lay my palm against his cheek in a gentle caress. 

I'm not aware of how we ended up in bed together this time, but that part is always fuzzy and never really matters anyways. What matters is what happens next.

Marshall leans forward to press his lips to mine and in response I turn my body to face him, so we'd have better access. Our legs intertwined and our mouths moving slowly against each other.

"Mornin'." he manages to say after breaking away for air, voice still husky from sleep and a hint of a smile on his face, before he's kissing me again so passionately I can barely think. 

Without breaking the kiss, Marshall brings me with him as he lays back on the bed, me straddling him with my legs on either side of his waist. I can feel his hardness underneath me and I can't resist grinding against him as Marshall's hands squeeze my backside and a strained'fuck' escapes his mouth. I like this position. I could tease him for hours like this, moving slower then faster until he can barely take it anymore.

But Marshall has other plans.

He suddenly flips me over so I'm underneath him. His lips are everywhere, as are his hands. One glides up from my hip, under my nightgown, and brushes pass my ribcage. I giggle, his soft touch tickling me. He moves his hand to my chest, kneading my breast. He explores my body, taking his time and not leaving one area untouched. He kisses my necks as his hand drifts back lower down my sides and to my center, just above my panties- I gasp.

"Is this what you want, baby?" he asks, kissing behind my ear as his hand makes small movements to tease me.

I moan and jerk my body closer to his hand in response, unable to do much else. 

But Marshall doesn't accept my lack of answer and pulls back, his hand included, making me whine. He chuckles, a rumble so low and unbelievably sensual in this moment. I lie there, staring into his eyes, torn between wanting him back to continue and wanting to just look at him. I don't think there is anything on earth as beautiful as this man, I think, my heart clenching. 

"You gotta tell me whatchu want, Katie." he whispers as he stares back at me, waiting for a response.

Doesn't he know? Isn't it obvious?

"I- I want you, Marshall." I breath. 

That must be exactly the answer he wanted to hear, as Marshall slowly leans down and hovers over me putting his mouth next to my ear, hot breath fanning my skin as his husky voice whispers, "Then wake up, baby."