30

"Are you listening to me?"
Shawn Mendes

I was holding Bella tight against my body, we were sleeping peacefully beside each other, she had passed out as soon as we got ready for bed.

I felt her shuffle a little then small whimpers escape his lips. I begin rubbing her arm up and down blindly, she stops for a second then I feel her move out of my arms.

My eyes open and I shoot up next to her taking her shaking body in my arms. "Calm down love" I kiss the top of her head. She was breathing heavily and her body was so warm.

Her hands clutch on to my arms, her nails lightly scratching at my bare arms. "Bells, baby I'm here" I hush her rubbing her back.

I move my hands and hold her face in my hands. She had tears streaming down her face.

Her eyes flutter open, I'm met with her gorgeous eyes. "You're okay" I say. She nods holding my wrists. Her breathing calming down.

We stay like this for a second then she pulls me closer and her lips press against mine, her plump lips sucking on mine. I could taste the saltiness of her tears on my lips.

She pulls back falling into my chest, her head on my chest. I kiss the top of her head running a hand through her hair. "What happened?" I ask her. Her body shifts and she sits up and rubs her eyes.

"I-I don't know" she rasps. "You can tell me love" I take her hand rubbing it with my thumb.

"I'm gonna shower, I feel all sweaty" she lets out a weak laugh. "You want me to join?" I ask still holding her hand as she gets up. "Not now" she leans down and kisses my forehead then leaves going to her bathroom.

After a while I got up sliding on my grey sweats and a long white tee. The shower was still running so I decided to go down and make breakfast.

Then after twenty minutes when I had finished making the pancakes she still wants downstairs. I figured she liked to take long showers so I stayed on my phone and decided to look up these migraines she gets and if there was any way I could help.

After half an hour she still wasn't downstairs. I started getting worried so I went upstairs.

"Bella?" I call. I walked in the room to see her sat on the edge of her bed with her head in her hands. Her body still wrapped in a white towel.

I crouch down in front of her. "Bella"

She looks up at me, sending me a small smile. "What's up love? Talk to me" I take her hand looking up at her. "I'm okay seriously, my head just hurts" she says calmly.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

She nods her head then gets up. I get up with her, my tall frame towering over her. "You'd tell me if you weren't okay, right?" I say.

"Of course I would. You're so sweet Shawn, I swear my head is just hurting" she smiles. She leans up then pecks my lips. "I'm gonna get changed now, you can stay here" she says walking around me to go to her wardrobe.

I sit on the bed watching her body move, I shake my head then go on my phone.

"So I searched up these migraines you get" I start saying. "You searched it?" She chuckles.

"Yeah and there are so many ways to help them or ease the stress. The first one was to avoid going on your phone a lot, then when you get them start massaging your temples and neck" I say, I look up briefly seeing her sliding on her underwear.

"Like you make your neck warm then it eases you because the pressure points or something. Another way was to relax yourself, do something that relaxes you, so for you it could riding your bike. Or you could use a heating pack or ice pack depending on you feel. And food caffeine helps. And I don't know if you have a lot of chewing gum but I read that you shouldn't chew really hard-" I cut myself off looking to see Bella had gotten changed and she was typing on her laptop sat at her desk.

"Bella" I call sighing. "Yeah?" She asks.

"Are you listening to me?" I ask getting up, placing my hands on her shoulders. "Yeah I was, I really appreciate it, I do but I've done all these things" she says turning on her chair getting up and going to the bathroom. I follow her watching her brush her hair.

"But babe, I could help you. If you let me, I'll do anything you want me to do to help you. I can-"

"Fix me? You can fix me" she says sadly, not looking my way.

"No that's not what I meant" I shake my head. "But you were gonna say that right?" She asks.

I nod feeling guilty.

"I'm not damaged Shawn, I've been to multiple doctors, private doctors. I've got the medicine which I take. I go on bike rides to relax me. You know I'm barely on my phone, my room is literally set to the suggested temperature" she explains.

"I never said you were damaged" I say gently moving trying to get her to look at me.

"But it's implied, you can't fix something that's not broken or damaged" she shoots.

"Shawn, I've done therapy for years and yeah it relieves stress but it can't make the storms just go away" I could hear how angry or upset she was.

"But Bella-"

"Jut stop Shawn"

"You won't even listen to me. Stop being stubborn and just listen" my voice got louder unintentionally. Her body jumps a little. She puts her hairbrush down and faces me looking so done with me.

"What?" She asks. "Don't be like this Bells" I move forward to try to hold her hand but she moves back.

"Be like what? You're trying to 'fix me'. Is that what I am to you? Just some broken girl. I've heard it my whole life Shawn, from professionals, doctors and my own parents about how I need help. I don't need to hear it from you" she uses her hands to talk.

"Why not? What if I can help you-"

"I don't need help!" She shouts. That was the first time she raised her voice, it was weird, she's so gentle, I really hit a nerve.

"Just go" she huffs. "This is stressing me out" she walks past me going back to her room. I quickly take her wrist pulling her into me.

"No Bells, just sit and listen to me" I say calmly.

"You're talking to me like I'm a dog" she scoffs trying to pull her hand back. "Let go"

"Fucking let go Shawn" she yells at me. I shove her hand back and she stumbles.

"Don't fucking text me" I spit. I leave her room slamming the door in anger.