83

"Why would you say that hun?"
Bella Croft

"How'd the appointment go?" I ask Dana picking up my tea. We were having a catch up, I hadn't seen anyone in a while. It was time to get back into my life I guess.

Also I wanted to spend time with Dana. I wanted to make sure she was okay, I couldn't bare the thought of anything happening to her.

"Everything's good, you wanna hear the heartbeat?" She asks me grinning. I nod excitedly. She holds her phone to my ear.

"Oh my god, it's so crazy right" I chuckle. "I know, ken literally plays the heartbeat to the baby it's so funny, he's so in to it you know?"

I nod in response. "Hey Bell, I'm sorry for this. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or anything. I know what happened and all, I understand if this is difficult" she gives me a sympathetic smile.

"No really it's okay, I'm good" I tell her. We then continue to eat. After we finished I drop her off and go home to Shawn.

"Bells?" Shawn shouts. "Yeah I'm here, gonna go shower!" I yell. I go up to my room and get in the shower, carefully putting my ring to the side.

I took a long hot shower just thinking. I couldn't believe I was engaged for starters, I know we won't get married for a while but the thought excites me. I was washing my body and my hands went to my stomach. I leave them there for a while, just trying to remember how it felt. Maybe I was a little jealous of Dana, I mean I'll support her 100% it just kinda stung.

"Are you almost done?" Shawn knocks on the door. "Yeah give me a second" I say back. I rinse off and grab my towel walking out.

Shawn immediately pulls me into a kiss. "Hey" he chuckles pulling back. He holds my waist and pulls me in again, one hand taking mine.

"Wait where's your ring?" He asks confused. "Oh I-"

"Did you loose it?" He asks, now very worried.

"No-"

"Oh my god you don't want it do you?" He looks at me with panic. I huff placing my hand over his mouth to stop him from speaking.

"I took a shower so I left it to the side. I'd be crazy not to want it" I then move my hand and he lets out a chuckle in relief. He quickly moves past me and comes back with the ring, taking my hand and sliding the ring back on.

"Thanks" I kiss his cheek then move to my wardrobe. "Hey you okay babe?" He asks wrapping his arms around me. "I'm good" I nod.

"That's all?" He asks. "Yeah" I nod moving to get changed.

He stays watching me get dressed then once I was done he pulled me into his lap sitting sideways. "Tell me what it is" he says.

"Nothing" I shake my head. "Come on Bells, you know I won't say anything. I'm on your side always" he kisses my cheek. "And I'll love you no matter what" he presses another kiss to my cheek.

"Even when I can't have a baby" I mumble looking down at my ring, playing with it as a distraction.

"Why would you say that hun?" He uses his fingers to make me look at him. I shrug meeting his eyes. "I don't care about that, I only want you" he pushes my hair back.

"So you don't want children?" I ask softly.

"I mean of course I do but it doesn't matter if we can't" he says. "So you do. What if I can't? I'm the problem here" I look away.

"I can't believe you're saying this. I'm not leaving you Bella" he huffs. "You think this now but when it comes to the time-"

"Just stop. I just can't process the fact you think I won't love you for that reason. You're hurting me" he moves me off of him and walks out the room.

I stay put just staring at the floor. I'm hurting him. For gods sake, I ruin all things good.

I get up after a few minutes trying to find him. "Shawn?" I call. "I'm here" I hear him.

I walk into the library and there he was with a guitar in his hands. I go to sit beside him, leaving a small gap. "Come here" he tells me putting his guitar down. I gulp moving into his open arms.

"I'm sorry" I say kissing his cheek.

"Bella you have to know I'm gonna love you no matter what" he holds me close kissing the top of my head. "I know. I'm sorry for what I said. For hurting you, I'm really sorry" I tell him.

"It's okay. Just please don't get worked up, I'm here for you always" he says gently.

"How are you so perfect?" I look up at him. "I'm not" he shrugs.

"You are to me" I press my lips against his. "And you are to me" he holds me close.