p r e l u d e

"have you ever heard of vampires?"

a black haired girl asked her friend who was sat beside her.

"vampires? like those bloodsuckers we've seen on tv?"

her brunette friend answered.

"yeah." the ravenette nodded and flipped through her book, pointing at a picture.

"i wonder if they bite and suck on the skin or is their teeth some kind of a straw and they drink from it?" the ravenette blinked her eyes, clearly thinking.

"zena, i think they bite and suck on the skin." the brunette closed zena's book, revealing the title.

vampire chronicles.

"you think so, reign?" zena turned to her friend and reign nodded. a beep was heard, slightly startling the two females who sat on a bench outside their house.

"besides, they aren't true." reign smiled and stood up, carrying her red backpack.

"come, we'll miss the bus. it's our fieldtrip day." reign offered a hand to zena which she accepted and stood up, getting her own purple bag.

"yeah."

they started to walk to the bus but a hand stopped them,

"hello losers." a voice spoke up, both girls turned and almost sighed loudly.

"kang daniel." zena breathed out and reign just rolled her eyes. there stood a boy and two other girls whose face was caked with make-up.

"hello, baby." daniel grinned at the ravenette, reign almost puked.

"what do you think you're doing?" the girl beside daniel spat, she pulled him down and kissed him infront of them.

"ew." reign held her mouth.

"gross." zena whispered, crunching her face.

daniel pulled away from the kiss,

"god, krystal." he rolled his eyes, walking up to the bus which was a few feet away and going inside without another word.

"see? he's mine." krystal smirked at zena, her red lipstick was now smudged.

"okay." zena nonchantly replied, turning to leave but the other girl stopped them.

"bitch, we are talking to you!"

"sunmi, krystal is talking but you weren't." reign slapped sunmi's hand away from zena's shoulder.

"whatever." sunmi glared at the brunette, twisting her own pink hair in her finger.

"oh what's that." krystal snatched the book away from zena's hand.

"give it back." zena calmly stated.

krystal laughed after checking the title,

"vampire chronicles? really? what a nerd." zena reached for the book but krystal only threw it on the sidewalk, near the edge of the road.

zena clicked her tongue as she jogged to the sidewalk, reign followed after her.

"was it damaged?" reign worriedly asked, knowing zena's undying love for books.

"not mu--ahh!" the both of them screamed when someone pushed them, resulting them to crash down to the forest.

"losers like you doesn't belong here." krystal muttered while cleaning her hands, sunmi laughed.

the bus once beeped, signalling that it was ready to take off.

the two girls left the scene, going inside the bus like nothing happened. the bus drove off, completely unaware of the two girls who fell, more like, pushed off the cliff.