Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Luke's POV

I woke up this morning, knowing I needed to talk to Andi. I rolled over and grabbed my phone, checking the time 10:02am. I got up and walked to the bathroom to get showered and ready. I finished getting ready, grabbed my stuff and walked downstairs.

I arrived at Andi's and walked in as her door was unlocked. I heard Andi laugh, so I followed her laugh and walked into the lounge to see her sitting on the floor with Lil laid out on a blanket on her rug who was smiling.

"Hi." I said as I walked over and sat down on the floor next to Andi with Lil in the middle.

"Hi." Andi replied.

"We should talk." I stated, as soon as I said those words Andi looked at me worried.

"I'm sorry about the other night." I apologized.

"Don't be. I over-reacted but I think we need to talk about what we both went through when we broke up." Andi replied.

"I know." I replied as I looked down at Lily.

"Do you blame me for us breaking up?" Andi asked.

"No, of course I don't Andi. I know we decided together, and yes it hurt but I also understand. I never want you to think or feel that I blame you for our separation because I don't. I love you more than anything Andi." I explained.

"I love you too. You scared me the other night, I was so worried that you were going to vomit and choke while you slept, that I stayed awake just making sure you didn't." Andi replied.

"I'm sorry babe." I said as I leaned over to kiss her just as Lily started blabbering causing us to break apart and laugh as Andi rubbed her tummy.

"So why do you have this cutie anyway?" I said as Lil grabbed my finger, grasping it tightly.

"Kelly and Leo are deciding the fate of their relationship this morning. Leo hasn't been around a lot since this little angel was born and Kelly decided they need to talk, so I offered to have Lil while they did." Andi explained as Lily started to whimper.

"Someone needs a bottle." Andi said as she started to stand up.

I watched as Andi went to the kitchen and started making a bottle, I picked up Lil and cradled her in my arms, instantly calming her.

"Here." Andi said as she handed me the bottle to feed Lil. "Do you want some lunch?" Andi then asked me.

"That would be great." I replied as I started to feed Lil.

"What do you want?" Andi asked.

"I don't mind babe." I replied.

"What about salad sandwiches?" Andi asked.

"Sounds good." I said as I continued to feed Lil as she walked into the kitchen.

Andi's POV

Luke and I finished lunch, I cleaned up and watched as Luke entertained Lil.

"How about we take her for a walk? She's due for her afternoon nap and I know walking helps." I said to Luke.

"Alright." Luke replied as he stood up, still holding Lil and walked over to the pram. I watched as Luke looked at the pram, confusion crossing his face, before he looked at me.

"Just lay her down and buckle her in." I said as I finished putting the bag together then walking over.

Luke gently put Lily into the pram, and gently buckled her in, before covering her with a blanket as he smiled at her.

"Let's go." I said as we walked out, I was pushing the pram as Luke grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together as we walked along the footpath, enjoying the nice day.

"I could get used to this." Luke said quietly as we walked.

"Really?" I asked looking at Luke.

"Yeah babe. You, me and a little one, its all I want." Luke replied smiling as I smiled back.

"That would be perfection." I replied.

"I love you." Luke replied.

"I love you too." I replied.

"Do you want to get a drink from Starbucks? We will get takeaway and walk home seeing as Lil is just about asleep." Luke asked as we went to walk past it.

"Yeah that would be great babe." I replied.

"What do you want?" Luke asked

"I'll just have an iced vanilla latte thanks babe." I replied.

"Alright, I'll be back in a minute." Luke replied as I checked on Lil.

Luke's POV

Andi and I finally got back to the house with Lily. Andi put Lil down in her bassinet to continue to sleep and then we cuddled on the couch together.

I lifted Andi up and pulled her over my lap so that she was straddling me. I quickly kissed her as I held her hips, rubbing circles with my thumbs. Just as things began to get heated, Lily started crying. Andi and I broke up and she put her head on my shoulder.

"I better get her, she needs a feed." Andi said as she went to get up but I pulled her back, quickly kissing her.

"I'll get her while you make the bottle." I told her as she smiled and I let her go.

"Thanks babe but she might need a change." Andi replied as she stood up and walked into the kitchen as I got up and walked to Lily.

"There's no need for tears." I said as I picked her up and changing her, which was incredibly disgusting but we made it through. I then picked her up again and walked into the lounge with Lil up against my chest as I cradled her. I sat down and handed Lily to Andi who began feeding her.

Andi's POV

I hadn't heard from Kelly or Leo all day and I had expected to by now considering it was just after 8pm and Kelly had said she would pick up Lily.

I decided to give Kelly a call as I was getting slightly worried, as Luke sat with Lily on his chest, as he rubbed her back as she was asleep and sucking her thumb. I rang Kelly and it went straight to voicemail, then trying Leo's but it did too.

"Both phones are going straight to voicemail." I said quietly to Luke.

"They're probably just making up babe." Luke replied.

"I'll put her in her bassinet, she'll sleep through the night now." I told Luke as he nodded before handing her to me. I walked and put her down, and swaddled her in the blanket and gently kissing her little nose lightly before walking out.

I walked back down into the lounge and cuddled next to Luke.

"You're amazing with her." I said quietly.

"So are you." He replied.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Luke asked.

"Yeah." I replied as Luke turned on the tv.