Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

ONE WEEK LATER

Luke's POV

Mum arrived in town early this morning, Andi and I had breakfast before she took Lily with her for the day and the meetings she has but she and Lil would be joining us tonight and we'd announce our engagement even though we are really married. I pulled into the drive, getting out of the car and walking into the house.

"Morning." I said as I walked in.

"Morning." The boys replied variously.

"Hi Luke." Mum said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hi Mum." I said as I hugged her.

"Where are Andi and Lily?" Beau asked.

"Andi is in meetings all day and has Lily with her but she is coming her later." I replied.

"Good, so you will be staying for dinner then." Mum stated making me smile as I had missed her and her cooking.

***

"Luke, lets talk outside baby." Mum said to me.

"Sure Mum." I replied as I stood up and followed her outside, sitting next to her.

"What's going on with you and Andi?" Mum asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Luke, I'm your mother, I know when something is happening and the fact that you can't wipe that smile off your face every time she is mentioned is a give away." Mum stated making me laugh lightly.

"Things are great with us. Amazing actually. I've never been this happy with anyone." I replied.

"Well when are you going to propose? I mean you two both love each other." Mum asked catching me off guard.

"I already did, we were going to tell you tonight so you can't tell anyone." I replied making Mum smile before she hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek.

"I won't but I'm so happy for the both of you." Mum told me smiling.

"I love her and Lily Mum." I told her feeling weird for telling Mum this.

"How are you doing with the whole Lily thing? It's not everyday you become an instant parent." Mum reasoned.

"It's weird, I thought it would be a lot different but I look at Lily everyday and I love her, and then I look at Andi with Lily and it makes me fall in love all over again. I see our future so clearly now, and I didn't before." I told Mum honestly.

"My little boy is all grown up." Mum said smiling with teary eyes, I instantly hugged her.

***

"Andi's here." Jacob said as he walked in.

"Thanks." I replied as I stood up and walked out to meet her.

I walked out to the car, and opened the door picking Lily up out of her car-seat and holding her before kissing Andi.

"Hi babe." Andi said.

"Hi, how was your day?" I asked.

"Good, yours?" Andi replied.

"I accidently told Mum that we are engaged earlier; it's just she asked me when I was going to propose and-" I said before Andi cut me off.

"Luke, it's fine. Lets just tell the boys once Gina meets Lily." Andi replied smiling before kissing me.

"Ok." I replied taking her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers as we started walking inside.

"Mum" I said as we walked in.