Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three

Luke's POV

I laid in bed watching Andi, the way the morning sun shone on her from through the half shut blinds, she looked so peaceful. I honestly couldn't think of anything more perfect to wake up too.

All of a sudden Andi got up and bolted to the bathroom, I heard her throwing up, I quickly jumped out of bed, ran into the bathroom and grabbed her hair holding it back and rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry." Andi whimpered out as she finished throwing up and flushed the toilet.

"Don't be sorry babe." I replied as she sat back on the floor.

"Why don't you go back to bed?" I suggested as she stood up to brush her teeth.

"No I just need a shower. I actually feel alright now." Andi replied just as Lily started to cry.

"Alright babe, you get showered while I get Lily sorted." I replied before turning on my heel and walking out to go get Lil.

I walked into Lily's room, still worried about Andi as I picked Lily up from her crib instantly calming her, I got her changed and sorted before walking downstairs to the kitchen to feed her.

I sat at the table with Lily, just as I finished feeding her Andi walked in, looking better for a shower.

"Feel better babe?" I asked as she sat down next to me, as I handed her Lily.

"Hmmm, I'm alright." Andi replied as she looked down at Lil.

"I'm going to have a shower and then I'll make us some breakfast." I told her.

"Thanks babe." Andi replied as she started to burp Lily as I headed back upstairs.

Andi's POV

I sat at the table with Lily on my lap just lightly bouncing her up and down as I thought about everything, I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't even notice Luke coming back into the room until he waved his hand in my face.

"Andi." Luke said.

"Sorry what?" I asked.

"I asked what you want for breakfast? Are you alright though?" Luke replied.

"I'm good, plain toast would be good thanks babe." I answered as I stood up and walked over, laying Lily down in her porta-cot so she could roll around.

"Alright babe." Luke replied from the kitchen as he started to make breakfast as I sat back at the table.

Luke and I sat eating breakfast although I wasn't very hungry but I didn't want Luke to worry like he does.

"I have something for you, well both of us." Luke said as we finished eating.

"Really?" I asked smiling.

"Here." Luke said as he placed a small ring box on the table in front of me.

"Oh wow, it's beautiful Luke." I said as I opened the box and found a diamond band.

"I thought it was about time we got rings." Luke replied as he showed me his band on his wedding finger making me smile.

"I love you." I told Luke as I ran my finger over his wedding ring as he slipped my ring on.

"I love you too." Luke replied.

"How about we go for walk, get some fresh air?" He suggested.

"Ok." I replied happily.

THREE DAYS LATER

Luke's POV

I woke to the sound of Andi being sick yet again, this is the fourth day. I quickly got out of bed seeing it was just after 7am and made my way to the bathroom, opening the door and quickly grabbing Andi's hairs in my hands out of hers, holding it back. She finished throwing up and I helped her stand as she started to brush her teeth.

"You are going back to bed, no arguments." I told Andi sternly, earning a nod in reply.

"I really don't know what is going on with me right now." Andi said quietly as we made our way back to bed, I quickly pulled the blankets back before pulling them back over her.

"I'm going to go to the store and pick up some things before Lily wakes up. I'll be back soon babe." I told Andi as I slipped on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

I quickly checked on Lily who was still sleeping before making my way downstairs, grabbing my wallet and keys before heading out the door.

***

I got to the store and was walking along the aisles picking up a few things as I came across them, as I walked down the aisle which stocked all the toiletries and medicines I spotted the pregnancy tests. All of a sudden things started to click, I mean Andi and I were still being safe even though we are married but there is always a chance, I mean it would make sense all the throwing up in the morning. I found myself picking up a single test, either way we know or can rule it out...

***

I walked back into the house, putting away all the groceries before walking upstairs with the pregnancy test in my hand behind my back. I walked into our room to see Andi just finishing feeding Lily.

"Hey babe. How are you feeling?" I asked as I sat on the bed.

"I'm ok." Andi replied as she started to burp Lily.

"I have something but I don't want you to freak out." I told Andi as she looked up at me in surprise.

"I won't." Andi replied.

"Ok." I replied as I put the test in front of her, earning a look of surprise and shock.

"You think I'm pregnant?" Andi asked.

"I don't know but you throw up in the morning and then you feel ok." I reasoned.

"Yeah." Andi said as she picked up the box looking over the instructions.

"Take Lil while I take this test." Andi stated as she handed over Lily before grabbing the box and getting out of bed and going into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

I waited, holding Lily until Andi came out a few minutes later holding the test in her hand.

"Well..." I asked.

"Negative." Andi replied as she sat down beside me showing me the test.

"I'm sorry babe." I told her.

"It's ok, you are just trying to help." Andi replied as I wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her closer and kissing her cheek.