10/18/21

A.N: I didn't plan to do Author's Notes for this story but I thought this was necessary. Andi Mack was cancelled on April 24, 2019. It's absolutely insane that a show that's this good would be cancelled. I don't know if I will continue writing stories on Andi Mack after the show ends. I will definitely be finishing this and will probably write at least one more, and then see what I want to do once that's finished. Thank you for being on this writer's journey through Andi Mack with me.

Stupid Reed. At this point, the only people I could possibly talk to about his idiocy are those I can't talk to because then they'd know I'm gay. I just finished reading an email from Jet (which to be fair was basically a bunch of pictures of Oreo arrangements he did when he was bored) and all I can think about is how badly this would be ruined if Reed got what he wanted.

"Weirdo, it's time for Dancing with the Stars!" Kira calls from downstairs.

"In a minute!" I say.

I click out of my email and close my laptop. I check the mirror to make sure I'm not wearing my frustration on my face (with therapists for parents, it's an easy tell) and head downstairs, snagging a box of Double Stuf from the pantry.

"You know, most people don't religiously watch shows three seasons behind their current run," I announce as I enter the room.

Amber calls out from the Facetime we set up, "Cy-fi, since when are the Goodmans ever normal?"

"True, but we have the whole season on Netflix. We don't have to watch it every Monday."

"It's the experience of Reality TV competition. Now before we get started: do you all solemnly promise you did not look up the results online?" mom asks as she queues up the episode. She does this every week.

"Yes, mom" the three of us say and "Yes, Leslie" dad says. It's sacrilege if you look beforehand.

A quick(ish) explanation for why we're watching old seasons of DWTS.

Biologically, Kira's the daughter of dad's best friend, Aaron Hartford. She was an only child, but since Amber, Kira, and I were so close in age, we grew up together and we thought of each other as siblings. Uncle Aaron, Aunt Lila, and Kira used to watch DWTS together. In 2017, Aaron and Lila got into a bad car crash and were killed instantly. Her dad's sister and her son, Janice and Abraham Greenfeld, wanted to take her in. By the blessings of The Almighty, Kira chose us. We all love her so much, and once Bram finished university, Bram, his mom and stepfamily, moved to Shadyside. Bram's got a close knit friend circle up in Creekwood that he visits often, so thankfully, Shadyside isn't too far. He either works there or close to Atlanta, but he's mostly remote.

To help Kira adjust, we proposed watching DWTS with her. However, she adamantly refused to start with the season they were on and told us we had to watch from the beginning to get it. She watched with us from the beginning, explaining the show and how it works. Now, we're three seasons short of catching up (there were several years where only one season aired).

After an eventful episode, we review our thoughts. None of our contestants we favor are out.

"Since it's still the middle of the season, the lifeline still exists. Kira and Cyrus, do you want to change your team from Milo and Whitney?" Mom asks (we both loved Disney Zombies).

We both look at each other and shake their heads, "No."

"Amber, do you want to change your team from Alexis and Alan?"

"Of course not!" Amber says.

"Norman, do you want to change your team from Bobby and Sharna?" she asks finally.