Chapter 18 - 12/25/21

FROM: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

TO: jetkelly813@gmail.com

DATE: December 25 at 5:12 PM

SUBJECT: RE: Honesty

TJ,

I've spent almost an entire day to figure out what I should write to you.

First off, I did see the Tumblr post. I know you probably want me to say that I didn't correlate that Jet and TJ were the same person until you emailed me, but in all honesty it was you who I'd guessed was Jet with those two hints. Of course, it was still a shock to me.

Second of all, you need to not blame yourself. I don't know if you are or not but no one deserves to be outed when they aren't ready. There is nothing that is cause for outing someone. Whoever that kid is sounds like a major asshole.

Thanks for opening up about yourself. But I have to be honest. Knowing who you are makes everything a lot more real. That the guy I'm emailing with is someone I've interacted with.

And that makes me a little nervous. I don't think I'm ready to tell you who I am just yet. But someday, I will. Don't be mad, please.

Love,

Lucas.

FROM: jetkelly813@gmail.com

TO: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

DATE: December 25 at 8:41 PM

SUBJECT: RE: Honesty

Dear Lucas,

You have no idea how relieved I am to see your email. I really was grasping for straws with that and I know that sometimes it really is easier to come out to some people at a time.

I know you didn't mention me talking about Cyrus, and I really thank you for that. He's, for a lack of a better word, different from most of my other friends. There's no one quite like him but that's what makes him really amazing. That doesn't change my feelings for you or whatever this is.

That kid who outed me is an ass and a dickhead, all combined into one. His cousin is a great guy. I don't know what went wrong with him.

I'm really glad I have the next week off. I want to at least attempt to return to some normalcy.

In other news, my mom's having another kid. Due in July, or something. I knew she'd been trying with Todd, my stepdad. It's both weird and oddly exciting. I've always wanted to be a brother. I have a few cousins my age, but we don't really see each other as much anymore.

Thank you for everything, Lucas.

Love,

TJ.

FROM: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

TO: jetkelly813@gmail.com

DATE: December 26 at 1:12 PM

SUBJECT: Foetus

YOU'RE HAVING A SIBLING?

Now that I've got that OMG moment out of the way, having been the last bio child my parents had, I don't know what it's like to be biologically an older brother. However, my adoptive sister's cousin Blue got a baby sister a few years back, and she (Grace) is the cutest thing. Blue told me that you're going to worry until the moment you see that baby, and then you're going to love it.

What is it like being an only child?

Love,

Lucas.

FROM: jetkelly813@gmail.com

TO: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

DATE: December 25 at 8:41 PM

SUBJECT: RE: Foetus

Lucas,

Thanks for the advice.

It can be lonely, but that's why friends are such a big deal to me.

Love,

TJ.