Chapter 22 - 1/4/22

FROM: jetkelly813@gmail.com

TO: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

DATE: Jan 4 at 7:19 PM

SUBJECT: Snow!

Lucas,

Look outside! I can't believe it. Actual flurries on the first day back at school. Any chance this will turn into another Snowpocalypse? Because I'd be really, really cool with having the rest of the week off. God, it's been a weird fucking day. I don't even know what to tell you other than the fact that being out to the universe is completely exhausting.

Seriously, I'm just totally spent.

Do you ever get so angry you just start crying? And do you ever feel guilty for getting angry? Tell me I'm not weird.

Love,

TJ

FROM: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

TO: jetkelly813@gmail.com

DATE: Jan 5 at 10:01 PM

SUBJECT: RE: Snow!

I don't think you're weird. It sounds like you've had a shitty day, and I wish there was a way for me to make it better. Have you tried eating your feelings? I've heard baby taters can be therapeutic. Also, I'm not really one to talk here, but you really shouldn't feel guilty for getting angry. I have a feeling I know exactly what you're talking about. Does it have anything to do with a guy who can be nicknamed "Real Dickhead"?

Love,

Lucas

FROM: jetkelly813@gmail.com

TO: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

DATE: Jan 6 at 7:12 PM

SUBJECT: Really?

Wow. Okay. Not upsetting. But this is kind of a big moment, right? This means you must have been in the parking lot when I confronted "Real Dickhead".

Actually, I think I know who you are, too. So, just for fun, I'm guessing:

1. You share a name with an animated character.

2. And the Bible/Old Testament.

3. You like to sing.

4. You have green eyes.

5. And you once played Dance Dance Revolution with me and lost to Buffy and Marty.

Love,

TJ

FROM: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

TO: jetkelly813@gmail.com

DATE: Jan 6 at 9:43 PM

SUBJECT: RE: Really?

1. Actually, yes.

2. Kind of an obscure reference, but yes.

3. Not really, other than in my room when no one's home.

4. No.

5. Definitely not.

I'm sorry, but I am definitely not Jonah Beck.

- Lucas.

FROM: jetkelly813@gmail.com

TO: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

DATE: Jan 6 at 11:18 PM

SUBJECT: RE: Really?

Well, I was doing great there until the end. Sorry, it was kinda a reach. I'm actually glad you aren't Jonah.

So yeah. Wow. I guess I was dead wrong. I'm sorry, Lucas. I hope that doesn't make things weird between us.

Anyways, may I get one more chance? Isn't Lucas the playable character from Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

Love,

TJ.

FROM: isthisjustfantasy@gmail.com

TO: jetkelly813@gmail.com

DATE: Jan 7 at 7:23 PM

SUBJECT: RE: Really?

It's alright. I was wondering if you were crazy, thinking I was Jonah Beck.

I grant you this second chance, and yes. He is. Take that as you will.

- Lucas.

TEXT CONVERSATION BETWEEN ANDI AND CYRUS

Cy: Andi you are not going to believe what just happened in the email chain I had with TJ.

ArtistAndi: I figure not that he figured out who you are because this would be more of a phone call?

Cy: Correct. He did attempt to guess, and he thought I was Jonah. LMAO.

ArtistAndi: Oh god. I hope he wasn't thinking about that one too seriously.

Cy: Nope. He said he was relieved I wasn't Jonah, though. He did get some of his guesses right. Apparently Cyrus is a Biblical character? And Jonah is in the Old Testament, which is ironic since we're both Jewish. He then correctly guessed that my nickname is from the Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games. Hopefully he doesn't realize who I am based on character names, at least not until I'm ready to come out to him.

ArtistAndi: Yeah, hopefully.