Chapter 22

Getting more votes so quickly made me want to post the next chapter, and so, here you have it! :)

Love, Michelle

----------------------------------------------------

"I felt like an animal, and animals don't know sin, do they?"

― Jess C. Scott

"Your house? Are you sure about this?" I questioned after James had parked the motorcycle in his driveway and was leading me to the door, even holding my hand and all that lovey-dovey shit.

I couldn't stop smiling.

"My brother's at that party you mentioned," James unlocked the door and let me inside the house, winking as I walked passed him. "We'll be all alone here."

A surge went through my body.

All alone... Was I ready for this?

Jeez, I sounded like a teenage girl about to lose her virginity. I supposed, in a way, I might be, what with the backdoor being unlocked so far and all –

Wait a minute! Did I just presume James would top if we were to...? For fucks sake! Apparently am a girl! Jeez, I need to relax! Who says we will even –

James spun around and pushed me up against the wall. But he didn't crash his lips onto mine. Instead, he let his nose run up my neck, inhaling deeply and groaning. "You smell so fucking good!"

Shivers of anticipation of what the night might offer ran down my spine, creating goosebumps all over my body.

"What, you have a fetish or something about having a guy pressed up against the wall?" I asked, joking mostly, since I didn't quite know what to do with myself.

I could feel the smile on James lip as he pressed them against my throat. "Something like that," he murmured, before scraping his teeth against my skin and gently sucking on it.

I drew in a shaky breath. "W-What about your parents?

James stopped midmovement, tensing up. He stayed silent, and so did I, waiting for his response.

"They're dead," he suddenly said.

Woah! The way he said it, with no emotions, made my heart reach out for him.

I placed a hand under his chin and made him look at me. "I'm so sorry."

The veil was back in place, revealing absolutely nothing. making my heart sink. But he kept staring at me, long and hard. He eventually shrugged his shoulders. "It was a long time ago."

"Still, I'm sorry," I murmured softly. James jaw clenched, but he shrugged his shoulders again. "So who are you guys living with?" I questioned instead.

"No one," James muttered as he let go of me and started to walk away, into the living room.

I wasn't going to lie, his absence made me feel cold and I already missed his touches. But I tried to ignore it. There were more important things to deal with right now. Like the surprise that James and Joshua's parents had passed away and they were, apparently, living alone.

"How can you guys live alone?" I asked, following him into the living room.

My gaze absentmindedly swept over the place I'd once swore to never enter again. It felt like such a long time ago. So much had happened since. But at least all the pictures made sense now.

"We have money."

I looked back over at James. I could tell this was a subject he wasn't very keen on talking about, but come on! This was huge! How could he and Joshua live on their own?