Chapter 24

It's been a little while since I last posted, but I've been really busy with work. But since it's been a while, I decided to post two chapters :)

Hope you enjoy the continuous journey of Liam and James!

--------------------—————-

"your hand
touching mine.
this is how
galaxies
collide."
― Sanober Khan

"Wow, that was, that was... great! yeah, it was great! Painful at first, but, fuck me!" I exclaimed, trying, and obviously failing, to create coherent sentences. It seemed James fucking had dummed me down a few IQ-points.

"I think I just did," James chuckled, snuggling closer behind me and placing a kiss on my shoulder. "It was amazing," he agreed.

I closed my eyes, relishing in the feeling. Still slightly dazed over what'd just happened. A small part of me was wondering if it actually had happened of if I'd been dreaming. But the pulsations in my ass was a nice reminder.

We stayed like that for while, gathering our breaths while I tried to process what'd just happened.

"It was a car crash." James suddenly spoke up.

My brows furrowed. I glanced over my shoulder and met his gaze. His eyes weren't completely void of emotions, in fact, they held vulnerable ones. "My parents. They died in a car crash four years ago. That's why we moved." James continued in a soft whisper.

My heart squeezed. I turned around so I was facing him, never breaking eye contact. I wanted to let him know I was listening.

"I have an older brother, Jack. He's the one that took care of us after mom and dad passed away."

"You don't live with him now?" I questioned softly, my hand reaching out and gently combing back a few strands of hair that'd gotten into his face.

"He's not around. Don't get me wrong, he's alive, but just, not around."

I could tell from the look in his eyes that he didn't want to talk about the reason why. And even though the curiosity was killing me, I refrained from asking.

I leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss on his lips. "I'm sorry."

His face softened. "Thank you." A deep sigh passed through his lips. "Anyways, that's why I don't like to let people in. One way or another, they always leave."

"I won't," I murmured.

James looked into my eyes for a long time, but the shield in his was back, like he wanted hide his emotions, afraid how I would react if I saw them.

"You promise?" He whispered. I could tell he was trying to joke it off with a smile, but there was something that told me he needed to hear those words.

I combed my hand through his hair again. "I promise."

James eyes fluttered close as a smile reached his lips. "What about you?" He suddenly asked, his eyes fluttering open again.

My brows furrowed. "What about me?"

"What's your life story? I've shared some of mine, it's not more than fair you share me some of yours."

If this was his way of trying to think of something else than all the sad things that had happened in his life, who was I to dismiss his wish.

"There's not much to tell, really. I grew up here. Lived in the same house my whole life. Have had the same friends my whole life." I shrugged my shoulders, turning onto my back and looking up at the ceiling.