Chapter 1: The Sleek and Smooth Killer

And this is the story of how Percy Jackson died.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No, I'm totally kidding. This is a new Percico fic. I figured this would tide you guys over until the sequel to Operation Nico.

This story came to me while watching the James Bond and Jason Bourne movies with Nico and Percy, sipping hot chocolate, cuddled in a Finding Nemo blanket wearing skull boxers.

I would also like to add how proud I am of Percy for writing and publishing his first book: Percy Jackson's Greek Gods. I love it to death, Percy! Congrats! #Persassy!

Genre: Thriller/Suspense/Adventure/Romance/Angst

Dedication: To lovers of Percico.

Enjoy!

Belarus, 1:47 am

Percy rolled up the sleeves of his black turtleneck.

His tan skin was in stark contrast against the darkness of the rooftop around him. It prickled in the cold air whipping around him. The dark sky eased his tense muscles as he stood in the shadow of a roof shed. He then rubbed his eye, drowning out the sounds of police sirens speeding off several kilometers away.

That's when a man's voice started to shout angrily from below.

Unafraid of the height, Percy boldly strode to the edge of the rooftop. He peered down into the dark alley below. It was empty and cluttered with workman's tools. In the streetlamps nearby, a long shadow cast over one of the walls. It was running away from something Jack couldn't see, but then a second shadow took off after the first in a dead chase.

So Percy wasted no time.

He used the rooftops to pursue both men. Percy melted into the cover of the shadows and using his lithe body to maneuver around obstacles quickly. Confident and controlled, he skillfully leaped across each rooftop at a speed that few parkour runners had.

When he landed on the other side, he made an expert barrel roll, shifting his centre of gravity to his shoulder and pulled up into a stand. Percy prepared to run to the next ledge but froze near the edge. The hairs on the back of his neck rose up like needles.

He heard a fight start.

He instantly dropped into a crouch, applying more pressure to his heel and nimbly lifted his legs to cover more ground and reduce the sound of his steps.

When he neared the shadowy ledge, Percy craned his neck over to look down.

Through the fringe of his black bangs, he saw his target.

He had been following the man undetected for weeks and tonight was the night the latter was scheduled for an important rendezvous. Whoever the important person was, Percy never discovered but he wasn't concerned with the other agent's mission. He only wanted to talk to the agent. But now it looked like both plans would suddenly change. The mysterious figure chasing the agent below was not the man Percy knew his target was supposed to meet.

This was an ambush by another spy.

He glared as they started spitting words at each other on the nightly wind. It blew around Percy, whistling in his ears and he flexed the fingers of his right hand anxiously as they spoke in Russian. But by the time, Percy could fully register what was going on down below, the unknown man suddenly flashed a concealed knife and slashed it right across the other's neck.

The next words that left his mouth traveled clearly up into Percy's acute hearing.

"You will see. Time will stand still," the mysterious spy spit at the agent. Percy's sea green eyes narrowed dangerously as his subconscious kicked in.