If Wei Wuxian Was a Girl (WangXian)

A take on a female Wei Wuxian.

Pairing: WangXian

Notes: Set after the Cloud Recesses teachings.

Artist: nellichiyo on Deviantart

_________________________________________

"I have no intentions of marrying anyone right now, Uncle" Lan Xichen smiled nervously.

"You have to sooner or later, a heir for the Lan Clan is needed"

"I understand...what about Wangji?"

Lan Qiren sighed. "I do not know if he has anyone in mind, Lan Huan"

Lan Xichen beamed. "Ah! But he does, Uncle!"

He choked on his tea. "E-Eh!? He...what?"

"Wangji has someone he likes and she is a very lovely young maiden"

"Hmm...bring Wangji here and let's see who this maiden is"

_________________________________________

"Can't catch me, Jiang Cheng! Just give up, you fuck!"

"Get back here before mom sees you!"

Wei Wuxian stuck out her tongue. Sweat glistened her face and her robes were creased and dusty.

"A-Cheng! A-Xian!"

"Shijie!" She grinned and ran towards her sister.

Jiang Yanli giggled. "A-Xian, go take a bath and fix yourself up quick. We have visitors"

"Yes, Shijie!"

Jiang Cheng gaped. "...! Why do you listen to her and not me?!"

"Cause you're always mean to me" Wei Wuxian pouted and rushed inside their home.

"A-Cheng, Sect Leader Lan and Second Master Lan are here" Jiang Yanli spoke up.

"Why?"

"It...has something to do with A-Xian"

Jiang Cheng sighed. "Hopefully it's not that"

"A-Cheng, A-Li" Jiang Fengmian walked towards them. "You both can attend the meeting if you both wish. Please prepare"

"Yes, dad"

"Yes, father"

_________________________________________

"Stay still!" Madame Yu tugged at Wei Wuxian's hair.

Wei Ying sobbed. "But it hurts!"

"You are going to be bethroted to Hanguang-Jun! Their sect is all about proper decorum so don't make us loose face!"

Wei Wuxian sobbed and endured the harsh tugs at her hair. My hair is untamable! No point in making it straight!

"Now close your eyes, we'll work on your makeup"

Shijie! Jiang Cheng! Save me!!

_________________________________________

Inside the banquet hall, Jiang Cheng can feel someone's cry of agony. Weird.

"Fengmian, I have heard of your adopted daughter from the Jin sect. How come I have never seen her?" Lan Qiren stroked his goatee.

"Ah you see, she is only being trained here at Lotus Pier. I have never sent her out of our home" Jiang Fengmian sipped his tea.

Lan Qiren hummed. "Protective of your daughter, I see"

He chuckled. "Ah I guess you could say that. Oh, here she is"

Wei Wuxian bowed at the entrance. "Good afternoon, I apologize for my tardiness"

A beautiful maiden indeed! Lan Qiren felt pride swell up in his chest. Of course, Wangji only picks the one best suited for him. You have chosen well, dear nephew. "It is no trouble at all, Maiden Wei"

Wei Wuxian smiled. "Pleased to make your acquaintance"

"It has been a while, Wei Wuxian"

Wei Wuxian giggled. "Indeed, Sect Leader Lan" Ugghh why am I doing this? Acting all pretty and innocent? Lan Zhan! Save your partner from this, will you?! Behind Lan Xichen, she can see a small tug of the corner of Lan Wangji's lips. Huh?! You're amused, aren't you?! Brother Xichen, just look at how your younger brother behaves now!

Lan Xichen smiled. "Please, you may call me by my courtesy name"

Wei WuXian nodded. "Please take a seat. Our maids have prepared tea. We hope it is to your tastes"

You little liar. Jiang Cheng chuckled when his sister turned around and pretended to barf.

They all took their seats at the table. Wei Wuxian sat in front of Lan Wangji and right beside Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Fengmian was the first to speak. "You requested my daughter's presence in this meeting. Surely, you may understand why her family also attended"

"Yes, I understand fully the situation" Lan Qiren replied. "Of course, the Gusu Lan Sect will not force anything on your daughter"

He nodded. "So, you want Hanguang-jun to be engaged to Wei Ying?" He smiled. "I have heard her talk about him very often but..." Jiang Fengmian placed down his tea cup. "How will I know he will treat my daughter with the respect of a husband?"

"How can I prove it?" Lan Wangji spoke up.

Lan Zhan! Such a fast response! It's too bold of you! She fluttered her eyelashes at him when he glanced at her before turning her head to speak to her father. "Uncle Jiang, Wangji has already proven himself to me countless times when I visit Caiyi Town"

"Ah, I do remember you and Yanli had traveled there very often" Jiang Fengmian smiled at his daughters.

Jiang Yanli spoke. "Yes, Second Master Lan is truly a gentleman and has always greeted A-Xian with a lot of courtesy. He even offered her gifts from time to time"

Madame Yu hummed. "It seems that Second Master Lan has already started to court Wei Wuxian. I see no choice not to agree to an engagement"

Jiang Fengmian looked between the two people of topic in the room. "That is...if Second Master Lan and Wei Ying are willing to agree"

"Mn" Lan Wangji nodded. "I wish to be engaged with Wei Ying"

Wei Wuxian grinned. "I would also like to be engaged to Lan Zhan"

Lan Qiren spoke. "It is settled then"

With the witnesses of the Jiang and Lan family, the engagement between the Second Master Lan and Maiden Wei of the Jiang Clan spread like wild fire throughout the cultivation world.

_________________________________________

"Lan Zhan!"

"Mn"

"Lan Zhan!"

"Mn"

"Aiyah, do you have any idea how I felt back then when we were first engaged?" Wei Wuxian jumped on her husband's lap.

"What was it?"

"It hurt!"

"Hm?"

"My hair! Madame Yu made sure that I would feel like my hair is hanging from the ceiling! And with so many ornaments on them!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed.

"You looked lovely"

"Oh no you don't" She pouted. "I saw you quietly laughing back there"

Lan Wangji looked at his wife. "Was not laughing. Wei Ying looked beautiful"

Wei Wuxian squealed. "Lan Zhan! The things you do to this poor woman's heart" She groaned. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Keep me with you, and I will keep Wei Ying by my side"

Wei Wuxian groaned again.