Dotted Wife (Jiang Fengmian x Yu Ziyuan)

Jiang Fengmian spoils his wife.

Pairing: Jiang Fengmian x Yu Ziyuan

_________________________________________

"Jinzhu, where is Ziyuan?" Jiang Fengmian asked his wife's most loyal servants. They were standing guard in front of his wife's personal quarters.

"Our lady wishes that she may not be disturbed" She answers swiftly.

Jiang Fengmian frowned. "Can you at least inform her that I am here? I wish to talk with her"

Yu Ziyuan was a cold person when they first met before their wedding, but he had managed to make her open up, even for just a little bit after that. She had been very docile ever since they were newlyweds. Jiang Fengmian was delighted to have his wife be more honest with him. Her smiles were rare, but those rare moments made his heart yearn to make her smile again.

Although recently, his wige became more distant. She gave him the cold shoulder, something that he hasn't experienced since the days of their youth. Her scowls returned, her rare smiles became nonexistent. Once he took note of the sudden change, he panicked. Did he do something to upset her? Was there something he forgot?? No, he was sure he memorized her birthday and their wedding anniversary by now!

"Have you heard the rumors?" Wei Changze and him were alone at one of the lotus pavilions. Changze and his wife decided to visit Lotus Pier today to take a break from their travels.

"Rumors?" Anxiety crawled into his mind.

Wei Changze bit his lip. "The townspeople have been whispering how you still have feelings for Sanren. Yu Xiyuan must have heard"

"But! I never had any real feelings for Sanren! It was just mere adoration that time" Jiang Fengmian fidgeted with his cup of tea. How is he supposed to get rid of these rumors? His wife was always such an insecure woman.

"I know" Wei Changze sighed. "Surely, Sect Leader Jiang can come up with a solution?" He shook his head fondly. "You've always been too lenient with people, Fengmian. If you don't fix this, I fear for the state of your marriage"

"Yes....yes I know" Jiang Fengmian's head ached just thinking about this.

"Changze! Let's go catch the fishes!!" Cangse Sanren waved at her husband, sleeves rolled up and already knees deep in the waters.

"I have to go" Wei Changze nodded at his friend before joining his wife in the water.

Jiang Fengmian stared at his reflection in the tea cup. What should I do? He turned his head, seeing Cangse Sanren boop her husband's nose. Wei Changze smiled fondly at his wife, holding a fish in his hands. He chuckled when Changze kissed his wife on the cheek, making Sanren blush, embarrassed protests passing her lips.

Jiang Fengmian contemplated for a bit before sipping his tea, a wonderful plan formulating in his mind.

_________________________________________

"Why are we at the market?" Yu Ziyuan crossed her arms as the smell of fish and fruits hit her nose.

Jiang Fengmian smiled, taking his wife's hand in his. "I thought it would be nice to have a change of scenery"

She frowned when her husband refused to let her hand go. "Why--"

"Ah! Here we are" He gently tugged her inside a jewelry store.

Dumbfounded, she observed the place. It wasn't cheap, it looks like it has a good reputation with the beautiful jewels displayed and the many young women dressed in rich fabrics coming in and out of it. They politely greeted their sect leader and Yu Ziyuan. Jiang Fengmian nodded in return to them before they proceeded back to their business.