Make Me Cry

Jiang Cheng doesn't like the asshole asking for a very spicy dish on the phone.

Pairings: Background WangXian and XuanLi

Notes: Modern AU

_________________________________________

Jiang Cheng was just doing his job as a chef in his sister's small restaurant. So when some asshole on the phone called saying the lotus pork rib soup he ordered wasn't spicy enough, his headache started coming back again.

"Sir" He gritted his teeth. "We sent you the spiciest lotus pork rib soup in our restaurant"

The man clicked his tongue. "You call this spicy? This is like baby food, where is the nice sister there who always cooks my soup?"

Jiang Cheng sighed. He must be talking about A-Jie. "She's not at work, has a date with her boyfriend"

"Oh really? Oh well" He sighed. "Can't you improvise?"

Jiang Cheng gripped the phone tighter. "How....exactly do you want your soup?"

"So spicy it has to make me cry! I said it before! What part of that did you not understand?"

He massaged his forehead. "We'll have it done soon, sir" And slammed the phone on the table. "Huaisang!"

The young man hurried out of the kitchen. "Y-Yes, Jiang-xiong?"

"Go to the supermarket and buy the spiciest powder they have, and I mean the spiciest!"

"Y-Yes, sir!" He tumbled on his way out of the restaurant and ran towards the supermarket.

Let's see how you can handle this. Jiang Cheng proceeded to prepare the soup.

A few minutes later, Nie Huaisang stumbled into the kitchen with a jar of Carolina Reaper pepper powder. "Jiang-xiong! You owe me 300¥ for this!"

He clicked his tongue. "Whatever, give them to me" He snatched the jar out of Nie Huaisang's hand and dumped five tablespoons of it in the hot soup.

Nie Huaisang gasped. "What are you doing?!"

"Giving that asshole exactly what he asked for! TO MAKE HIM CRY!" Jiang Cheng stirred the powder to dissolve into the soup. Fuck! My eyes! The powder's scent was enough to make the people in the kitchen tear up or cough. He finally set the dish to be packaged and delivered. "Here, deliver it" He handed the box to his friend.

Nie Huaisang whimpered and complied with the order. He jogged to his delivery motorcycle, while wearing a mask underneath his helmet to protect himself from that atrocity.

_________________________________________

A few hours into the day, a young man had bursted into their restaurant with the fiercest look on his face. "Who the fuck made that soup?!"

So this was the guy. Jiang Cheng scoffed. "It was me. Is there a problem?"

The young man marched to the counter and gripped Jiang Cheng's shoulders. "That..." He started. "Was the best soup I have ever had!" He grinned brightly at Jiang Cheng who looked at him as if he lost his mind.

"What?"

"You actually made me cry! I loved it! My name's Wei Ying! And you are.." He looked at his name tag. "Cheng Cheng?"

He's going to confront his sister about his name tag. "Jiang Cheng" He corrected and shrugged him from gripping his shoulders.

Wei Ying grinned. "Jiang Cheng! From now on, I want you to make my soup every time I order!"

He gaped. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me"

He stared dumbfounded. "That spice...costed me 300¥. I'm not paying 300¥ every time you make an order!"

Wei Ying pouted. "Then I'll pay extra"

"How the fuck would I know you'd actually pay that?"

He grinned. "My Lan Zhan will pay for it!"

"Mn"

Jiang Cheng jumped at the sudden voice. He looked behind the smiling maniac to see a brick wall staring straight at him. "How long has he been there?"

"Since I came in"

"...right"

"So about the soup!"

"Fuck off!"

Fun fact. This was based on a true story right here: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-rudest-thing-that-a-customer-said-while-you-were-serving-them/answer/Fred-Montgomery-10?ch=2&share=15d5b6fa&srid=mU9i6